IGNORED

Ganja

beerwolf

Guest fiznuthian

Laced? Probably not. It's often much more likely the plant matter was contaminated rather than purposely laced.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laced? Probably not. It's often much more likely the plant matter was contaminated rather than purposely laced.

never knew that could happen. it was bought off the street so who knows :shrug:

Guest fiznuthian

never knew that could happen. it was bought off the street so who knows :shrug:

Yeah, just poor growing environments and handling..

I had a roommate who once bought several ounces of bud that was peppered with cat hair.. We probably have toxoplasmosis now. :sad:

We smoked a lot of it unfortunately, because despite having to pick cat hair out it was decent smoke..

Guest Ron Manager

good thread. i grew up in Colorado and was more or less a functional hardcore stoner from late in high school (age 16-17), through my undergraduate and master's degrees in the UK (to about age 23). i never smoked before work or class, but always right after, and always daily. i then moved to a very small university town for my PhD where i just didn't have any connections and there wasn't much of it around, so didn't really smoke at all for 3 or 4 years. that pretty much brings me up to today. i often miss it and think it would be fun to get some in, although i don't miss the expense. i've thought about growing some, too, but have always been concerned by the fact that i live in rented accommodation (with semi-regular inspections). i'm intrigued that some people apparently in northern Europe are saying they grow it outside; i assumed it was too cold up here, but maybe i'll look into it. are you using greenhouses?

i'm never quite sure about the effect it had on me functionally - i'm a pretty motivated guy and despite (or because of?) my habit i earned a first class BA and distinction in my MA. so i didn't succumb to idleness or laziness. i don't think i could say the same was true for a lot of the people i hung out with. one thing i do often dwell on is the nature of my memory and the impact of a lengthy weed habit on it. sometimes i feel like my long-term memory is pretty strong, but then at other times i worry that i forget too much, or if i'm doing work that i'm forgetting things i shouldn't be (i'm a historian, so having a decent memory is helpful...). i'd be interested if anyone wanted to share their own thoughts/experiences on the relationship b/w weed and memory, or any links to interesting studies on the matter.

oh, and that is so true re. the tolerance discussion. the few times i've smoked since stopping daily i haven't heeded this, and i've been either floored or become pretty paranoid. i'm visiting friends in CO this summer for the first time since legalization and i will be following the 'one puff, wait and see before another' rule stringently.

Guest Al Hounos

ha, I hadn't smoked in two years because i was in korea, and the first thing i had when i arrived in california was a couple big puffs of medical Girl Scout Cookies, which won the cannabis cup recently, i believe. going to a crowded art museum was intensely stressful. i though the sidewalk was steeply slanted and that i was constantly walking uphill, even on level ground. :emb:

user error though, don't blame the bud.

anyone have any experience in making some tasty Brownies?

How much top grade bud, in grams, would you need for 8 buff boys? Been reading up recipes, but they seem to be quoting mad numbers of 'trimmings' and 'clippings' which i can only imagine is very week weed?

How much top grade bud, in grams, would you need for 8 buff boys? Been reading up recipes, but they seem to be quoting mad numbers of 'trimmings' and 'clippings' which i can only imagine is very week weed?

I use trimmings and clippings for my cookies and usually throw in about 1-2g of regular bud for a whole batch (about 14 large cookies) .

And the cookies turn out great, very potent. I usually eat half a cookie and I'm blasted. I grind up the trimmings into a fine powder before cooking it in some oil, then I filter out all the solids. It's a pretty primitive method I'm employing but the end result is really potent.

I use trimmings and clippings for my cookies and usually throw in about 1-2g of regular bud for a whole batch (about 14 large cookies) .

And the cookies turn out great, very potent. I usually eat half a cookie and I'm blasted. I grind up the trimmings into a fine powder before cooking it in some oil, then I filter out all the solids. It's a pretty primitive method I'm employing but the end result is really potent.

Afraid we don't really have 'trimmings' over here...how much regular bud would you substitute into your recipe if you had no trims?

@Ron about the long term memory

It hasn't really been a(e?)ffected. My memory has always been strongest in people interactions, shared experiences and certain traits of people. My musical memory is also pretty strong, too. Most of the material I studied during college though.. well that has mostly evaporated (or maybe just transcribed and implanted into my psyche, where it works on a completely different level, unaware by my concious mind). I still have problems with the difference between a priori and posteriori, and some other vague philosophical terms, but that was already the cause during college.

Then again, 2009 has mostly gone though. Shitty year anyway.. Can mostly be blamed on Alcohol, MDMA and latent depression too.

The older I become (lel, 28 now), the more it seems that the past is just some sort of maelstrom where, at certain points, similar things happen. Not saying that I can't recall a lot of different moments, but even those moments are subjective and idiosyncratic, and filtered through my own experience lens.

Memories are a strange phenomenon.

Still, 5 months clean and I feel pretty great.

Yeah i've had the mild hallucinogenic effects too.. wavy walls in particular.

Generally the feeling after having too much is just a strong panicky discomfort that feels overwhelming.. I have to wonder if the

mental sensations are responsible for the physical responses people often report, like vomiting, dizzyness, etc..

Could it be possible that while the plant isn't directly causing a physical reaction, the acute stress instead is manifesting itself in the body?

We're just freaking the fuck out.

THC itself- without the other cannabinoids- is scary as fuck. The other shit calms/balances it out. I saw this vid of a reporter or someshit taking pure THC, and it was just frightening.

Yeah i've had the mild hallucinogenic effects too.. wavy walls in particular.

Generally the feeling after having too much is just a strong panicky discomfort that feels overwhelming.. I have to wonder if the

mental sensations are responsible for the physical responses people often report, like vomiting, dizzyness, etc..

Could it be possible that while the plant isn't directly causing a physical reaction, the acute stress instead is manifesting itself in the body?

We're just freaking the fuck out.

THC itself- without the other cannabinoids- is scary as fuck. The other shit calms/balances it out. I saw this vid of a reporter or someshit taking pure THC, and it was just frightening.

I can attest to having nothing but THC once and it was pretty intense in some respects. I could definitely see why most would want to steer well clear, it was quite amazing in a lot of other ways though (mind being blown by music far more so than usual being one), so I'm not knocking the whole thing entirely :)

Anyone here try ganj synthetics? Very specific, super clear and crystalline experience, yet lacking in body and depth. Like some alien tech weed.

For some reason, has addictive properties.

if you are normally broke, like me, and haven't tried it FUCKING STAY AWAY FROM IT. your funds will slowly (or rapidly) start disappearing.

now if you wanna be cool, like me, aka broke as fuck but still tugging on that ganj, i say drop the beer which is the real drug. the last time i got baked, i pounded out a 6 minute break/glitchcore track in an hour. normally it would have taken me like a day but the mary jane truly helps you think creatively at your utmost potential. its an amazing plant, smoke it everyday.

Yah, tolerance- or lack of- can be a biznatch. There's nothing like smoking up with a few people, and then all of a sudden it's like, ". . .. . .. . o h.. .. . . FUCK. IIiiii'm way too fucked up, what the fuck- there are aliens and cops coming to get me oh fucking shit, FUUuuUUUUCCkckkckKkkKkKKkKk~~~~"

One time I was eating raw fish and drinking Bud Light, and then my friend pulls out smoke. So then I casually take and hold a few large hits and think I'm gonna be cool. All of a fucking sudden, I'm sweating super hard and realize I was getting sick... So I go to the restroom to rinse my face and look at myself in the mirror in that "Oh fuck, let's see how hard I'm tripping", kind of thing. I put my hand right the fuck in front of my face, and I COULD BARELY SEE ANYTHING. My whole visual field was FULL OF STATIC. This was just ganj, but I was fucking tripping ballz. I spent the next 30 minutes or so sitting on the dude's toilet, and he's pounding on the door like, "Get the fuck out of there, man!" The friend I came with went home, cuz I felt so sick.... so I had to get a ride home after resting on the couch for awhile.

Embarrassing and kind of shitty.

Lesson: Take small tokes when smoking new shit, especially if tolerance hasn't built up. Many a junkie have died from heroin/coke overdoses from not following this rule..... When not used to it, high THC can be frightening and nothing pleasant.

Very true, I hate having overly mindfuckish effects with weed...

This one time I had a bit less than a dime left of weed and simply wanted to get rid of it, so I packed a bowl from the bong and lit it up at my house by myself. After about 10 minutes I started to experience some sort of crazy timelessness hallucinations, where I would do shit with my hands and then see my hands doing those things in front of me moments later. Freaked the shit out of me, so I lied down on my bed. At this point I was also having this incredibly intense sensation that I was lifting out of my body... quite a frightening but interesting experience at the same time.

It's quite strange, sometimes I smoke shitloads and just get buzzed, sometimes I have a couple hits and I'm practically tripping.

if you are normally broke, like me, and haven't tried it FUCKING STAY AWAY FROM IT. your funds will slowly (or rapidly) start disappearing.

now if you wanna be cool, like me, aka broke as fuck but still tugging on that ganj, i say drop the beer which is the real drug. the last time i got baked, i pounded out a 6 minute break/glitchcore track in an hour. normally it would have taken me like a day but the mary jane truly helps you think creatively at your utmost potential. its an amazing plant, smoke it everyday.

yeah, i'm a creative person and when i used to do it i'd get super creative, i always liked to have a paper and pen with me to draw, write poetry etc

yeah, i'm a creative person and when i used to do it i'd get super creative, i always liked to have a paper and pen with me to draw, write poetry etc

same! i actually ended up forming a rap project by myself because the creativity chalice runneth over. good beats, but man i suck at rapping.

same! i actually ended up forming a rap project by myself because the creativity chalice runneth over. good beats, but man i suck at rapping.

ha! that's dope.

Yah, ganj is pretty good for getting various juices flowing; especially creative juize. I was pretty much ganjin' all day long when I painted these, which turned painting into playing a video game or going on some Indiana Jones adventure or someshit:

donk1.jpg

donk2.jpg

Yah, ganj is pretty good for getting various juices flowing; especially creative juize. I was pretty much ganjin' all day long when I painted these, which turned painting into playing a video game or going on some Indiana Jones adventure or someshit:

donk1.jpg

donk2.jpg

Dude... those are absolutely incredible? Are the originals for sale???? Especially the first one.

Guest Ron Manager

Yah, tolerance- or lack of- can be a biznatch. There's nothing like smoking up with a few people, and then all of a sudden it's like, ". . .. . .. . o h.. .. . . FUCK. IIiiii'm way too fucked up, what the fuck- there are aliens and cops coming to get me oh fucking shit, FUUuuUUUUCCkckkckKkkKkKKkKk~~~~"

One time I was eating raw fish and drinking Bud Light, and then my friend pulls out smoke. So then I casually take and hold a few large hits and think I'm gonna be cool. All of a fucking sudden, I'm sweating super hard and realize I was getting sick... So I go to the restroom to rinse my face and look at myself in the mirror in that "Oh fuck, let's see how hard I'm tripping", kind of thing. I put my hand right the fuck in front of my face, and I COULD BARELY SEE ANYTHING. My whole visual field was FULL OF STATIC. This was just ganj, but I was fucking tripping ballz. I spent the next 30 minutes or so sitting on the dude's toilet, and he's pounding on the door like, "Get the fuck out of there, man!" The friend I came with went home, cuz I felt so sick.... so I had to get a ride home after resting on the couch for awhile.

Embarrassing and kind of shitty.

Lesson: Take small tokes when smoking new shit, especially if tolerance hasn't built up. Many a junkie have died from heroin/coke overdoses from not following this rule..... When not used to it, high THC can be frightening and nothing pleasant.

Very true, I hate having overly mindfuckish effects with weed...

This one time I had a bit less than a dime left of weed and simply wanted to get rid of it, so I packed a bowl from the bong and lit it up at my house by myself. After about 10 minutes I started to experience some sort of crazy timelessness hallucinations, where I would do shit with my hands and then see my hands doing those things in front of me moments later. Freaked the shit out of me, so I lied down on my bed. At this point I was also having this incredibly intense sensation that I was lifting out of my body... quite a frightening but interesting experience at the same time.

It's quite strange, sometimes I smoke shitloads and just get buzzed, sometimes I have a couple hits and I'm practically tripping.

there seems to be quite a few people in this thread reporting hallucinations or tripping. i can honestly say this has never happened to me... what on earth are you guys smoking??

Might be depending on how you define hallucinations - weed is not a hallucinogenic drug, but since your mind kind of runs in overclocked mode, the stuff you "see" when you listen to music and close your eyes is very vivid, so I imagine that could be called hallucinations (even though you can clearly differentiate between what's real and what's going on in your mind)

If there's actual visual hallucinations going on, there was probably some kind of other substance involved, that's another risk with street dealers and such, and another reason why it should be legalized.

My friend told me a story how somebody once brought some "weed" to a party and he took a drag - ended with him hallucinating the whole room filling up with foam, himself eventually drowning in the rising foam, followed by him puking rainbows for what felt like a half hour. Whatever that was, it definitely wasn't weed that did that.

donk1.jpg

donk2.jpg

Dude... those are absolutely incredible? Are the originals for sale???? Especially the first one.

Thank you~! They are digital, actually, but they are based on my oil painting technique. Working on some large scale oils for the coming years..... Possible to get prints here, though.

Archived