IGNORED

Thom Yorke - The Eraser

this is just a note to say that something has been kicking around in the background that i have not told you about.

its called The Eraser.

nigel produced & arranged it .

i wrote and played it.

the elements have been kicking round now for a few years and needed to be finished & i have been itching to do something like this for ages.

it was fun and quick to do.

inevitably it is more beats & electronics.

but its songs.

stanley did the cover.

yes its a record!

no its not a radiohead record.

as you know the band are now touring and writing new stuff and getting to a good space so i want no crap about me being a traitor or whatever splitting up blah blah...

this was all done with their blessing. and i don't wanna hear that word solo. doesnt sound right.

ok then thats that.

i think its out in july and im pretty certain XL are going to put it out.

love thom

www.theeraser.co.uk

nigel produced it and it's electronic eh? noice.

i hope radiohead keeps up the electronics. they might be going back to guitar driven stuff, could be why thom is releasing this record........... :excl:

Guest cosmonaut

i don't know why, but i hate rock band solo side projects. they all seem to be terrible.

It's out on the 11th of July.

Black Swan is probably going to be on the soundtrack of A Scanner Darkly. And I think this album is going to be great, Thom always wanted to do this. And yes, it certainly got more beats and electronics to it. That's what he says.

Stanley Donwood does the artwork, check out their site: www.theeraser.co.uk

should be interesting, radiohead are capable of writing excellent electronic songs.."everything in its right place" is a good example, and its just thom and nigel godrich

Guest themeputter muflon

great great great! I ll be buying this..I hope it gets to Slovakia till 2010..that would be cool..

Guest just maybe

Yawn...probably the most boring, whiney album of the last year coming up. Big call given James Blunt dominates the radio, but...

Guest blicero

it sounds like many of you (naysayers) aren't familiar with thom's electionic side...

he knows his shit, could be suprising. he's big into autechre, boc, bpitch control/modeselektor, etc...

Guest awkward

well lets not get silly. his electronic stuff isn't great quality. but its the songs he makes with it that are great. so whilst the beats might not be as good as autechre its different because of the voice. i still can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest zaphod

i like "the eraser" and "cymbal rush" but the rest is really boring.

my god is he whiney. i've been listening to radiohead for well over ten years and i just noticed how fucking whiney he is. i mean atleast try to be somewhat optimistic, you're a millionaire for fucks sake.

and frankly the songs just suck, it's not the electronics that suck, it's the songs. the guy just doesn't write good songs anymore and he's far too obsessed with his own doom to make decent music at this point. he's just a self parody now.

here's hoping the rest of his band can make a decent album out of the new material.

Amazing album! If you like The Postal Service you'll like this album. Singing with electronic, this is the album for you. Every track is great. Love to hear Radiohead get back to electronic. Another Kid A/Amnesiac album, We can only hope.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd disagree that Postal Service fans would necessarily dig this. PS are a LOT hookier, with more traditional song arrangements. The writing on Eraser really meanders around and holds together loosely. I like a lot of it though. Actually, I like all of it, but I do think the melodies are pretty weak for the most part. Production's of course excellent as expected with Godrich taking charge. Definitely doesn't hold up to any of Radiohead's more electronic oriented albums. Still well worth picking up. For the record I also really like Postal Service... more than Eraser. But Radiohead's the Man.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived