IGNORED

plastikman - ex

kokoon

K listening to the samples, I see what you mean...

It's trying too hard to be minimal... I don't think any of his plastikman stuff will ever compare to sheet one... plasticity ftw.... One of my favorite minimal/ambient whatever you wanna call it tracks, ever.

Expand and Extrude are pretty good though...?

ok so after a good listen I'd say this is an excellent live show recording but as a stand-alone album it doesn't hold up to his other full lengths. Parts of it feel more raw and less refined than any of his other plastikman stuff, but again since this was a live recording I'm not going to criticize it too much for that. More hits than misses and no weird vocals like on the last album.
I give it a B+

edit: nice to hear him return to those warm 303 lines from his older works, more reminiscent of Artifakts or Sheet One

edit2: most annoying part of the album is probably due to the 'had to be there' aspect of the live show, he keeps cutting the bass of the tracks to create tension and drop the beat back in, but as a home listening thing it's not as smooth, something you wouldn't really hear on any of the regular Plastikman stuff, it's on Concept 1 a little but not like this. There is a really great album buried in here but I think the execution is a tad lacking.

Pleasantly surprised by this, although I was expecting a live album/DVD/Blu-ray in fancy packaging of the 1.5 tour thingy.

It was actually really not as bad as I expected (still, I had the constant urge to switch to the Colundi Sequence). Totally agree with what John E said as well, the "had to be there" part esp.

I was at peace with Plastikman never releasing anything after Closer, this seems a bit unneccessary and has a bit of a rock 'n' roll reunion album feel to it.

From the samples, I think this sounds pretty good! Agreed, John, it sounds live with the low end cuts and little imperfections, but it doesn't bother me. It still sounds lush and large. Best stuff I've heard from Hawtin in a while.

Well after the first play I like it, I don't love it but I will def play again. It wasn't as dark as the cover lead me to believe, I like my Plastikman dark, like my coffee.

Archived