IGNORED

Warp releases Syro artwork by The Designers Republic

Boris de Vries

Fuck the badger

I've fucked a few beasts in my time, but never a badger

Put some charcoal in your wellingtons, and you'll be fine.

hey psn you look a bit like a badger.....flol

To those who say it's not worth the price they're asking for, do you have any idea how much it must have cost to manufacture these babies? I don't either, but it must have been quite expensive. Very Aphex-y design in that it looks like nothing else. This guy lives in a world of his own. Still, it reminds me of Analogue Bubblebath vol. 3 cd version with the empty case. Much more sophisticated tho.

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1197347

To those who say it's not worth the price they're asking for, do you have any idea how much it must have cost to manufacture these babies? I don't either, but it must have been quite expensive. Very Aphex-y design in that it looks like nothing else. This guy lives in a world of his own. Still, it reminds me of Analogue Bubblebath vol. 3 cd version with the empty case. Much more sophisticated tho.

I imagine the cost will be on the sleeve : )

Guest Papillon

To those who say it's not worth the price they're asking for, do you have any idea how much it must have cost to manufacture these babies? I don't either, but it must have been quite expensive. Very Aphex-y design in that it looks like nothing else. This guy lives in a world of his own. Still, it reminds me of Analogue Bubblebath vol. 3 cd version with the empty case. Much more

PS4s are about the same price.

I'm glad they didn't put the chartreuse logo on it.

Excuse me?

Well, for a designers company to do that would be dumb to put 'Aphex Twin Syro' at the top of that list AND in a chartreuse circle as well. One is enough.

To those who say it's not worth the price they're asking for, do you have any idea how much it must have cost to manufacture these babies? I don't either, but it must have been quite expensive. Very Aphex-y design in that it looks like nothing else. This guy lives in a world of his own. Still, it reminds me of Analogue Bubblebath vol. 3 cd version with the empty case. Much more

top two keyboards are $260 each. bottom keyboard is $155

GNWSerH.jpg

and they're "just keyboards".

On Overall, I'm a bit dissapointed with the visual style. It's a great concept and all, but there are a lot of graphic designers with amazing conceptual work (Experimental Jetset, Our Polite Society, Mevis en van Deursen (they pretty much started combining graphic design and conceptual art)), that also have way more interesting visual styles than this.

I understand that it's minimalist and all, but the execution could have been done better in my opinion.

On Overall, I'm a bit dissapointed with the visual style. It's a great concept and all, but there are a lot of graphic designers with amazing conceptual work (Experimental Jetset, Our Polite Society, Mevis en van Deursen (they pretty much started combining graphic design and conceptual art)), that also have way more interesting visual styles than this.

I understand that it's minimalist and all, but the execution could have been done better in my opinion.

I think you're missing the point of the concept. the concept is the most important part of the design. style=fart mantra. execution is important obviously, but thinking of a good concept is what separates the good from the great.

I'd personally wait until the physical copy arrives before forming an opinion on the design. Pretty much everything tDR has done in the past 10 or so years has been more impressive in a physical medium, cf. Oversteps, Exai..

Guest BasDirks

GNWSerH.jpg

I have that middle HH2, in fact I'm typing this on it right now. It's well worth the $$$.

Guest Papillon

GNWSerH.jpg

I like your picture.

Archived