IGNORED

New interview - Rolling Stone

leterel

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

"Are you planning on releasing more new music soon?"

"I'm in that mode now, so hopefully I'll stay in it for a while. I've got a few more things planned – at least a couple more albums, some EPs, things like that. Some more dance-y things I did about 10 years ago. Experimental things, noise things, weird things. Shitloads of stuff. They're all pretty much ready to go. I haven't mastered them yet, but I should get that done pretty quick. It's just trying to work out where to put it all and what to do with it, and nobody helps me. And all this time I'm spending now, I could be making new music, which is why I usually don't end up doing it."

George-Takei-oh-my.jpg

But you must have known there's demand for your work. Earlier this year, people put together $67,000 on Kickstarter so they could download your unreleased 1994 album Caustic Window.

You know, that actually did kickstart me into action as well. As much as I like to think I don't really like fans – I mean, it's not very healthy. You can't be thinking about keeping other people happy, going in circles. But that was really touching, and really sweet. And I'm getting a bit older. It's like, "Okay. People out there really, really want stuff off me, so I can't deny it. Let's put it out."

There you go JR and watmm crew. Good job guys.

"But you must have known there's demand for your work. Earlier this year, people put together $67,000 on Kickstarter so they could download your unreleased 1994 album Caustic Window.

You know, that actually did kickstart me into action as well. As much as I like to think I don't really like fans – I mean, it's not very healthy. You can't be thinking about keeping other people happy, going in circles. But that was really touching, and really sweet. And I'm getting a bit older. It's like, "Okay. People out there really, really want stuff off me, so I can't deny it. Let's put it out."

EDIT: what chim said :)

Are you planning on releasing more new music soon?

I'm in that mode now, so hopefully I'll stay in it for a while. I've got a few more things planned – at least a couple more albums, some EPs, things like that. Some more dance-y things I did about 10 years ago. Experimental things, noise things

OLD TROUT TRACKS PLZ.

I don't really know what's going on in America. Are there many big electronic artists over there, now?

Oooh it burns

in the same interview where he compares his son's own music to american electronic artist Holly Herndon, pretty awesome

Aphex Twin uses elektron gear, the nexus in where AE and AFX collide

I might get weak if someone offers me a stupid money gig, maybe.

I think we need to find out how much stupid money is and bring him back to the states.

Awesome interview, find it extra funny cause I just moved to the country, it's definitely a weird place for introverts

I might get weak if someone offers me a stupid money gig, maybe.

I think we need to find out how much stupid money is and bring him back to the states.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for the 7 of you to fly out to England? :biggrin:

Well, I don't know why it wouldn't be true. Doesn't this look to you like a huge marketing campaign from Warp and Aphex? I don't think he would take the time to do the interviews otherwise. He will give us 10 years of records and then disappear for another 10 years until the next delivery. He probably has a vault somewhere with "to be released after my death" written on it.

Archived