IGNORED

Aphex Twin DJ session in 2003 John Peel broadcast

ZoeB

Hi everyone!

So I stumbled upon a 2003 John Peel show the other day. I'm not sure if the date's accurate or not, but I was kind of surprised to notice Aphex Twin played Ceephax Acid Crew's Glocker, about seven years before United Acid Emirates was released. Was this track on anything else earlier, or do you think these people have all been swapping tracks and works in progress with each other? I suppose that's perfectly natural to do. He also plays a slightly tweaked excerpt from Ziggomatic V17, as far as I can tell, but that's less surprising. He's been playing a nice, acidic version of Heliosphan for years, after all.

Nice find! Where did you find it, exactly? Your own personal archives?

I was *so* close to getting high-quality recordings of Richard's Peel sessions (full with dialogue; not just the tracks) about 5 years ago, but the source flaked out on me.

I was *so* close to getting high-quality recordings of Richard's Peel sessions (full with dialogue; not just the tracks) about 5 years ago, but the source flaked out on me.

You mean we could've heard this track in Higher quality?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nhlZ_0j2jw

:(

Nice find! Where did you find it, exactly? Your own personal archives?

I found it over at http://theperfumedgarden.blogspot.co.uk/2014_05_01_archive.html although skimming through my web browser's history, I can't tell you how I stumbled across that page. I think I was looking up information about how the TB-303's accent worked and/or got sidetracked reading up on Dubnobasswithmyheadman era Underworld, I'm not sure.

So where'd you find the Mr. Man style Melodies From Mars artwork, or is it custom by/for you?

Oh man I had totally forgotten this track... What a wave of nostalgia! This track would perfectly on Melodies From Mars.

Hi everyone!

So I stumbled upon a 2003 John Peel show the other day. I'm not sure if the date's accurate or not, but I was kind of surprised to notice Aphex Twin played Ceephax Acid Crew's Glocker, about seven years before United Acid Emirates was released. Was this track on anything else earlier, or do you think these people have all been swapping tracks and works in progress with each other? I suppose that's perfectly natural to do. He also plays a slightly tweaked excerpt from Ziggomatic V17, as far as I can tell, but that's less surprising. He's been playing a nice, acidic version of Heliosphan for years, after all.

Yes, probably more of Ceephax sending stuff to the crew then the other way around. Aphex and Luke also played a Ceephax track in 2002 (Pukkelpop set) that was released 8 years later - Turrican II.

And thanks for this Peel recording, never heard of this broadcast although he just plays a recording from his 2003 ATP set, which is documented pretty well.

Ah, that's too bad! I remember asking about a full version of that around that time, you said you had the recording somewhere (only the tracks I reckon, I still don't have the Peel Session version of that We Have Arrived QQT or TTQ mix), even though it's exactly the same as the original.

Guest Dr of Quantization

Yeah, this is the track I thought of right away!

Archived