IGNORED

Brian Eno - Neroli, Nerve Net, The Shutov Assembly & The Drop

fumi

All four albums getting a re-release - some on vinyl. All have extra material. 'The Drop' also has the '77 Million' tracks cd that I paid a Japanese seller over a £100 for back in 2006. It was originally only available to those who attended an exhibition in Tokyo. Damn. There goes the exclusivity on that one.

'Neroli' gets bonus material. Nerve Net gets the unreleased 'My Squelchy Life' album.

Best of all, 'The Shutov Assembly' - my favorite from these selections also gets bonus material from that period.

If you're an Eno fan, you should be pretty excited about these releases.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know if they will be on general release?

That's a good question. Obviously Bleep will have them - you can already pre-order there. Also at All Saints Records. I'd imagine Boomkat will stock them. The Eno Shop probably stocks them too.

Can't imagine you'd have any trouble with on-line orders.

They are major releases (in an Eno sense).

Playing Nerve Net now, first track is excellent..

Looking through Eno's back catalogue on Discogs, it's apparent there's loads of stuff I've never got round to hearing

Yeah, well, any other forum dedicated to electronic music would have a dedicated section to someone whose influence stretches over practically every electronic music artist in the last thirty years.

But this is WATMM - where dedicated threads are only created by those in charge who deem an artist to be worthy.

Playing Nerve Net now, first track is excellent..

Looking through Eno's back catalogue on Discogs, it's apparent there's loads of stuff I've never got round to hearing

Yeah, well, any other forum dedicated to electronic music would have a dedicated section to someone whose influence stretches over practically every electronic music artist in the last thirty years.

But this is WATMM - where dedicated threads are only created by those in charge who deem an artist to be worthy.

Yeah Eno and Kraftwerk should have subforums. Come to think about it, it seems a bit crazy that they don't.

Guest jasondonervan

That's a good question. Obviously Bleep will have them - you can already pre-order there. Also at All Saints Records. I'd imagine Boomkat will stock them. The Eno Shop probably stocks them too.

Cool, thx :catsalute:

Cool, thx :catsalute:

You're more than welcome.

Yay! Cheers to fumi for the heads-up. I love these releases. Is My Squelchy Life an alternate version of Nerve Net or an entirely different album? For some reason I thought the former.

Yay! Cheers to fumi for the heads-up. I love these releases. Is My Squelchy Life an alternate version of Nerve Net or an entirely different album? For some reason I thought the former.

My Squelchy Life was the original working title for what eventually became 'Nerve Net'. Many of the tracks were never released. One or two did pop up back in 1993 on a very expensive Sony SBM two box set which I have (link below) - but most of the sessions were never released until now.

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=415190

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=691819

Hope that clears things up.

Slightly off-topic but I noticed there is the complete video installation for 'Thursday Afternoon' on YouTube.

back in the 80's, I had to import a JVC Laserdisk of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riz6AKeBpa0

For those wondering why the orientation is strange, it's actually meant to be displayed vertically on your old TV set - back in the age of VHS etc.

Ah, nostalgia, not always a pleasant landscape to revisit.

edit****

NSFW.

considering all these albums are readily available for like zero dollars I am not excite. not to mention nerve net and the drop are quite shite. I suppose bonus material might be of interest but...meh

what would be excite is if there were reissues of those cdrs he put out of gallery music like "I dormienti" "kite stories" and "civic recovery." I actually have the cdrs but they don't play anymore ;_;

This was a total surprise to me when the emailed dropped into my inbox yesterday.

I'm really thrilled about these releases. Nerve Net has long been a favourite of mine, but I was particularly excited to see that the entirety of the unreleased My Squelchy Life was the bonus disc one this one! Some of the tracks from My Squelchy Life are fantastic. If you don't like vocal Eno you may not be as partial, however.

As for the others, The Shutov Assembly is probably the best of the bunch so I'm looking forward to hearing that bonus material too.

considering all these albums are readily available for like zero dollars I am not excite. not to mention nerve net and the drop are quite shite. I suppose bonus material might be of interest but...meh

what would be excite is if there were reissues of those cdrs he put out of gallery music like "I dormienti" "kite stories" and "civic recovery." I actually have the cdrs but they don't play anymore ;_;

They were available as standard CD releases from Eno Shop for many years - including Compact Forest Proposal.

They were available as standard CD releases from Eno Shop for many years - including Compact Forest Proposal.

rather scarce these days though. I quite like those releases, would like to see them get a repress.

shutov on teh vinals would be lush

Yes very excited indeed. More so because I haven't even heard any of these albums before.

dont bother. brian eno lost it around 1985.

Yeah, but remember that's just your opinion.

Probably best to let people decide for themselves, don't you think?

My Squelchy Life was the original working title for what eventually became 'Nerve Net'. Many of the tracks were never released. One or two did pop up back in 1993 on a very expensive Sony SBM two box set which I have (link below) - but most of the sessions were never released until now.

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=415190

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=691819

Hope that clears things up.

Thanks! I knew you'd have the infos ››…

Slightly off-topic but I noticed there is the complete video installation for 'Thursday Afternoon' on YouTube.

back in the 80's, I had to import a JVC Laserdisk of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riz6AKeBpa0

For those wondering why the orientation is strange, it's actually meant to be displayed vertically on your old TV set - back in the age of VHS etc.

Ah, nostalgia, not always a pleasant landscape to revisit.

edit****

NSFW.

I have the DVD of this and it is quite good.

Archived