IGNORED

Jon Hopkins - Asleep Versions EP

Ifeelspace

I did google, but couldn't see a WATMM post about this fantastic little EP of more meditative versions of 4 tracks from Immunity.

It's totally lush and available now from all good record stores (and Bleep). Also why did no-one tell me there was another soundtrack album from him in the Summer (How I live Now). Naughty watmm!

I originally passed over this, but now I'm listening to some samples and it's really beautiful. Might have to pick this up...

I also was totally unaware of this How I Live Now soundtrack... must investigate!

Guest murphythecat8

yes, jon hopkins is a genius. This is as always, excellent music!!!

Not a fan of the last song, but the other three are gorgeous!!

Guest murphythecat8

The vinyl sounds lush!

Im jalous!

After a good couple of listens. Lovely stuff.

Anything he touch turns to gold at this point, what a men!

My only critique is always the same: not enough drum and beat work. if he added the interesting drums play , he would be a genius. I always find his drum and beat work a bit underwhelming, while his melodic skills are immense and truly unique and beautiful. he has one of the most enjoyable sound production in the business imo and melodic skills, but yeah, his lack of truly advanced drum and bass patterns makes his music less involving

Archived