IGNORED

Correct Track Titles for 26MFC

Kennylogg Bubblebath

Hey guys, currently updating my iTunes with some Aphexian goodness, but wasn't quite sure on what the track titles should be for 26 Mixes for Cash. I've looked up a bunch of sources but getting different results each time, are any of these structures correct?

• Wikipedia: "Time To Find Me, AFX Fast Mix"
  • Amazon: "Time To Find Me (AFX Fast Mix) - Seefeel"
  • Warp/Discogs: "Seefeel - Time To Find Me (AFX Fast Mix)"
  • Cover artwork: "Seefeel, Time To Find Me, AFX Fast Mix"

Also, track 6 on disc 2. It's "Remix by AFX" pretty much everywhere, except Wikipedia, where it's "Flow Coma, Remix by AFX". Is there a 'right' way to label it?

Appreciate anyone who can help me out. The Warp title structure looks like it should be the proper one, but I'd rather check with you folks. I know it doesn't really matter, but I have to get this dead right, being a complete OCD weirdo haha

It's whatever your personal naming conventions are. Personally I'd go -

Seefeel - Time To Find Me (AFX Fast Mix)

808 State - Flow Coma (Remix by AFX)

(I always do: Original artist - Track name (name of remix) )

"When in doubt, go with Discogs" - Schopenhauer

And about the Flow Coma remix, it's a remix by AFX for 808 State's Flow Coma, so obviously it's 'Flow Coma [Remix by AFX]'. That's how the CD titled it when I ripped it years ago too.

edit: what mcbpete said.

I would say the actual album artwork would be the "official" source as far as naming conventions go... you could also look it up in musicbrainz and see what it's listed as:

https://musicbrainz.org/release/f04c8939-bfa4-3024-92e2-b02f5443e7c9

Yeah I usually go by the artwork, but it's a fucking nightmare when it comes to Aphex Twin albums haha.

Syro is a good example. The artwork labels the track as 'minipops 67 (source field mix) 120.2' but the digital title is 'minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix]'

Musicbrainz has pretty much the same track listing as Wikipedia. Think I'm just gonna roll with the Warp/Discogs convention though, purely because it looks the best. Obviously I'll be doing a mcbpete when it comes to Flow Coma though.

Yeah I usually go by the artwork, but it's a fucking nightmare when it comes to Aphex Twin albums haha.

Syro is a good example. The artwork labels the track as 'minipops 67 (source field mix) 120.2' but the digital title is 'minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix]'

Musicbrainz has pretty much the same track listing as Wikipedia. Think I'm just gonna roll with the Warp/Discogs convention though, purely because it looks the best. Obviously I'll be doing a mcbpete when it comes to Flow Coma though.

Boils down to who's inputting the data, designing the packaging, etc.

I do know naming conventions are important to Richard - the CAT023 stuff I was told to specifically leave the track names exactly as I received them, despite my OCD tendencies to want to capitalize, etc.

Absolutely. Played it earlier for the first time in years, and there were points where I forgot I was listening to an Aphex Twin album/compilation. A lot of it sounds radically different in comparison to his usual material, but it's still really really good. The trip-hop sounding tracks remind me of something DJ Shadow or DJ Krush would put out, which definitely isn't a bad thing.

Guest bitroast

"When in doubt, go with Discogs" - Schopenhauer

And about the Flow Coma remix, it's a remix by AFX for 808 State's Flow Coma, so obviously it's 'Flow Coma [Remix by AFX]'. That's how the CD titled it when I ripped it years ago too.

edit: what mcbpete said.

26 remixes for cash scan -

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=127710

i think the flow coma remix is labelled simply as "Remix By AFX" because when it originally released on 2 Remixes by AFX the tracks were untitled. so it was keeping in line with that i guess??

so renaming the track to "Remix by AFX" would be the correct way? but doing it the incorrect way would probably make more sense and i doubt think anyone would really mind you know if you just renamed it to Flow Coma (Remix by AFX) or whatever.

as for the Seefeel one. seefeel is just the name of the band. so go with whatever the rest of your tracklist looks like :)

Guest bitroast

if you look at the 26 remixes for cash packaging as well.. everything is formatted with comas and no brackets or anything. it's just how that tracklist is formatted and goes against alot of how the original tracks were written when they were originally released. so there's already inconsistencies..

it dont really matter :)

I do know naming conventions are important to Richard - the CAT023 stuff I was told to specifically leave the track names exactly as I received them, despite my OCD tendencies to want to capitalize, etc.

oh? what are the proper capitalizations, then?

Somebody should correct the wikipedia page then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caustic_Window_%28album%29

Archived