IGNORED

Various Artists - A Very WATMM Christmas, 2014

Root5

Link: https://cytoplantastic.bandcamp.com/album/a-very-watmm-christmas-2014

a4160781796_2.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Enrico Martini and His Orchestra - Groovesleeves

2. Swegüno - Ave Maria (Transreferential Imago)
3. Jubal - You Betta Watch Out
4. Perezvon - La Boîte à jouets
5. Zephyr Nova - Of Dreaming (A White Christmas)
6. cubus - Carol of the Bells (in C minor-ish)
7. Hoggy - The robin spoke to the Lord
8. Grottenolm - Sinus Claus
9. Northern Plastics - A Spaceman Came Trespassing
10. Phyla Zen - Dick Pinkie Pump
11. mokz - Gassed, Pissed Ass
12. TRiP - Christmas Day (Dream'n'Doowop Mix)
13. Jubal - Rampapampage
14. Mall Santa - Smoke Break
This year's Christmas album is here, and it's great.
This is a free album, by and for the WATMM community. So please, don't worry about donating anything.
Thanks to all the artists, and to ga'arg for the excellent cover art. Also to Zephyr for the amazing mastering, and the quick turn around.
Normally CHATMM does a Halloween album and Cytoplantastic does a Christmas album. Next year we'll be swapping. So if you come up with some Christmas music, talk to Friendly Foil, and if you come up with Halloween music, talk to me!
The next album I'll be organizing is the next MOST IDM tournament. We'll be doing the bracketology in March, as usual, so save your submissions till then.
I also want to give some love to Goiter's Boss Battles compilation. The deadline for that is Jan 15. The thread is here.

Sorry if you don't like the mastering!

My personal opinion is the the mastering suits the album well, brings the various styles together, and makes the tracks match previous Christmas albums well. But I've also had the experience of handing one of my tracks to someone else, and not liking what was done with it.

Maybe you could post the original as well?

PS: Yes I'm totally aware that this "label" is a joke. It's kind of supposed to be.

Maybe you could post the original as well?

PS: Yes I'm totally aware that this "label" is a joke. It's kind of supposed to be.

Here is the original, download available for those who want:

sounds good to me, but I'm not much of an audiophile. thanks for taking the time to put this together root

I don't think a Christmas will go by without me blasting your track several times. Thanks for the festive explosion!

sounds good to me, but I'm not much of an audiophile. thanks for taking the time to put this together root

I don't think a Christmas will go by without me blasting your track several times. Thanks for the festive explosion!

HELL YES!

i will be here for as many comps as i can to provide explosive festivities <3

Has been on repeat since release, I couldn't sleep more than 40 minutes last night because I always had to get back up again and replay it.

Thanks to whoever did the mastering though, I think my track heavily benefited from it.

Good job everybody and Merry Christmas.

...One thing though, who does the potential money go to? I personally think it should be free for all, obligatorily.

Has been on repeat since release, I couldn't sleep more than 40 minutes last night because I always had to get back up again and replay it.

Thanks to whoever did the mastering though, I think my track heavily benefited from it.

Good job everybody and Merry Christmas.

...One thing though, who does the potential money go to? I personally think it should be free for all, obligatorily.

Yes, the album should be free!!! If you do to donate money, it goes to me, which is kind of messed up because I didn't do much. I've done mastering on only one of the albums, and I've only written two tracks on the whole site. The part I do, the organizing, I don't really do that well (notice how late this album came out). For the MOST IDM albums it's actually a significant amount of work dealing with the hundreds and hundreds of topics, but for the Christmas album it's as easy as making a thread and listening to music and judging how late to extend the thing. So please, don't donate anything!!

The reason I have donations enabled, is that there's a limited number of free downloads per month. I think it's like 200. This limit hasn't been exceeded, but if it is, free downloads cannot be downloaded at all. I want the music to be always available, and I don't want to go fiddling with the settings if the limit's exceeded.

Occasionally I get the odd donation. I assume it's usually by non-watmmers, since I always ask very clearly not to receive donations. But certainly one or two watmmers have donated 5 bucks or whatever. The donations average about 15 dollars per album, so it isn't really worth distributing that between the artists in the album. I just use that money to keep my WATMM membership up to date, and do nothing with the rest.

Ih theory I could donate the rest to watmm. Really what I should do is donate a sizeable chunk of it to Zephyr, because he busts his balls mastering all these tracks.

And just to be absolutely clear: I will never monotize this music. All of it is attribution creative commons, and all of it is free.

Archived