IGNORED

RIP Edgar Froese

Kennylogg Bubblebath

My lasting memory of them will be when I saw them live at the Colston Hall, Bristol in November 1990. It was a toss-up between them or the Cocteau Twins who were playing the following week. I couldn't afford tickets for both. TD were promoting 'Melrose'.

I was living in the UK then and was a student at university. No money except for food and rent.

A bunch of us waited for the band to leave via the rear exit and there was this guy who had taped the whole show on a portable Sony DAT machine. When I think about it now, it seemed so amazing at the time. The machines were so expensive. Everyone was just shaking their heads in disbelief. A DAT Player. The quality was amazing.

I remembering shaking hands with Edgar Froese just as the mini-bus doors closed.

Ah, a long time ago now.

my uncle is a huge TD fan and once met edgar and said something like "you are the reason i decided to make electronic music" and apparently edgar gave him a quizzical look and said "no! only make music for yourself," shook his hand, and walked away.

legend

my uncle is a huge TD fan and once met edgar and said something like "you are the reason i decided to make electronic music" and apparently edgar gave him a quizzical look and said "no! only make music for yourself," shook his hand, and walked away.

legend

That's amazing.

Heh, Germans.

Does not get any more gorgeous than this:

Oh my goodness! I need to get this album right away!

There are probably multiple versions of all TD albums now. Any fans wanna expound upon the best versions to acquire, whether the remasters are good or botched, etc?

Does not get any more gorgeous than this:

Oh my goodness! I need to get this album right away!

There are probably multiple versions of all TD albums now. Any fans wanna expound upon the best versions to acquire, whether the remasters are good or botched, etc?

I can't believe you didnt't have Phaedra. :emotawesomepm9:

In any event I can vouch the current repress on vinyl is pretty glorious.

I would go:

1. Phaedra

2. Rubycon

3. Froese's - Aqua

4. Froese's - Stuntman (You might "It would Be like Samoa" as its been sampled by BoC)

• 3 weeks later...

Edgar was buried on 7th February at Wiener Zentralfriedhof (alongside Ludwig van Beethoven, Johannes Brahms, György Ligeti, Arnold Schoenberg, Franz Schubert amongst myriad others). According to Jerome, there was no music played at his funeral and he lies in an anonymous grave with no stone, in line with his wishes. A sad but fitting to a man who didn't believe death was the end. Rest in peace, Edgar.

Archived