IGNORED

New Order - Appreciation Thread

fumi

yup

such a great first track signaling a rebirth from the ashes of Joy Division. it sounds like JD but different, new, hinting at going places JD never went, and yet looking back and remembering Ian.

Blue Monday is a stone-cold classic and will forever be one of the greatest hits a band of this era/cohort has produced.

for my money, this is probably my favourite song of theirs, even including all the 80s stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZVS5w1sDXw

I'm not a fan of Republic, so I was glad they brought the guitar back with their next release and with such a great riff right off the bat.

yup

such a great first track signaling a rebirth from the ashes of Joy Division. it sounds like JD but different, new, hinting at going places JD never went, and yet looking back and remembering Ian.

yeah it's exactly that. plus that palm muted simple melody is so typically bordering between new wave and post punk, it\'s legendary

love the whole mixing of the sounds in the track

Been among my absolute favourites ever since I discovered Blue Monday on one of my dad's tapes back in 1985. I'm not really feeling much of their post 80's material, though. Never got to see them live, but I'm not sure if I missed out on anything essential.

Anyway, here are some eternal tracks for me:

Peter Hook's book on the Hacienda is a superb must-read for any serious devotee of Mancunian madness, highly recommended

Thanks for tip, might check it out.

New Order are a fair weather band for me, I forget about them during winter but when spring comes round then it's time. For me they make the perfect pop music.

Archived