IGNORED

Cycling bikes

Schlitze

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just bought a bike from a reputable dealer ( lol £10 second hand) and have not even made it two crank revolutions without crashing...NO brakes NO gears wow... I miss BMXing...

Biking is life

i wish with the contraption i got... i'm putting it back and demanding some extras... Could have killed some innocent child....

Biking is life

i wish with the contraption i got... i'm putting it back and demanding some extras... Could have killed some innocent child....

I bought a bike a couple of years ago. It cost me around £350 but it has been worth it. I love my bike. Bike!

• 3 weeks later...

fuck. back down the rabbit hole. now i'm looking at new imported panasonic frames and small batch ti bikes. i don't need a bike >_<

got some new pedals and cleats and a pump for christmas. switching from crankbros back to spds. 

that old commuter bike looks nice ?

my allround cross bike is slowly disintegrating, not sure if it’s worth putting some hundreds of euros into a new drivetrain / wheels / tires... the courier job I’m doing now is putting it to test, I basically spend all day in the city, lots of hopping off the boardwalk, cobblestone & road grime..

it’s been a good three years but I’m cycling a lot & think I wanna upgrade in March when some moneys come in..

basically what I want is:

- robust

- fast

- packable

in that order...

so, roadbike is out, would destroy it within a month.. would enjoy the comfort of a mountain bike, but would want to go faster also there’s 0 mountains here.

so it’s gonna be a cross bike right? Willing to spend up to 1500€

currently looking at these:

SpecializedSequoia_celk1_cl.jpg

Specialized Sequoia (base model)

not the lightest, but frame seems very good, can probably upgrade other things later, and I love the look. If it rides how it looks, this is the bike for me.

long-haul-trucker-1.jpg

Surly Long Haul Trucker

also a frame which probably lasts a long time, bit more comfy I guess..

other parts, not sure, will probably try & get not the cheapest drivetrain / gears stuff, also solid disk brakes, and save on the wheels instead, upgrade these later..

dunno I’ve never shopped for a good new bike, just always got used cheapo stuff... what does watmm advise..?

Edited by Guest

As if a Sequotia wasn't heavy enough. A cross bike is definitely the way forward though, if I was looking for a new one that would get used regularly and had up to 1000 to spend i'd get the Canyon Infinite

Canyon%20Inflite%20AL%20-%20full%20bike.

spokes just started popping out of the rear wheel of my commuter, got on my backup and got to the end of the driveway before i remembered i had taken the chain off... all that remains is my single speed but i am not in nearly as good of shape as i was at 23 and the hills here will destroy my knees on that thing. looks like i’ve got some work to do next week

yeh started to feel my right kneecap as well this past week... think I built up some strength & then pushed it too hard, taking it easy now...

Looked at the Sequoia Elite in person today, think I like it quite a bit! didn’t feel it’s too heavy tbh.

it’s almost 2000€ but has pretty good components and I’m almost convinced it’s gonna be worth it... this is multiple leagues above anything I’ve ridden so far.. not sure I need the hydraulic brakes, they seem super aggressive.. but probably pretty fun once you’re used to them...

Owlypal.jpg

that frame is very sexu

oDDnLTd.jpg

might just get this stock bike.... or, the even higher end frame kit & self chosen parts...

DQuuTvD.jpg