IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Is it though?

We might have reached a point where people shouting "Lock him up" doesn't have much to do with political color. They could still be on the conservative side. Not saying that was the case there, btw. It just wouldn't surprise me that the people who'd shout "Lock her up!" might very well be the same people who are going to shout "Lock him up!" as well. Some would consider it a political 180. You could also argue it would show a sense of consistency. Similar to people voting for Obama and Trump.

It could be a populist thing. The populist political allignment goes beyond the classical political colors. Left/right, and progressive/conservative become less relevant. If Trump is seen as the new establishment, his old anti-establishment support could drop him in a heartbeat.

Not saying that is the case, btw. The polls don't show it, for instance. For whatever thats worth, btw. Polls and populism is a difficult one. Populism tends to translate bad into polling numbers. 

i think you have to take into account the demographics of a world series baseball game in washington DC. not anyone can get world series tickets. sure, some average fans who've gone to lot's of games etc get access but so do lot's of connected people.  i think also, DC is very very blue.. as in they support the democrats.  also, remember that more than half the country voted for hillary. trump is not well liked. his inauguration was not well attended. his base is likely not going to show up for a world series game in DC. 

i think it's fair to say the NE of the USA is not a trump strong hold.  also, this shit is starting to peak. the discontent, the anger, the frustration the sick of all the shit sliding off his orange teflon self so you get 45,000 people in a stadium with a chance to have their voices heard directly by the source of their discontent and it's gonna snowball. 

also, it's pretty typical for crowds at baseball games to join in. they're small enough that everyone can more or less be tuned in to what's happening on the screen and react accordingly. 

• Like 1

I think we can quickly solve this issue by collectively promising to say nice things about Trump AFTER he dies. (and only after!)

Edited by goDel

8 minutes ago, goDel said:

I think we can quickly solve this issue by collectively promising to say nice things about Trump AFTER he dies. (and only after!)

"He was very good at being orange"

• Haha 1

"He had innovative ideas about governance and was very good at dividing the nation. His negotiation skills were unheard of. And he single handedly changed the international power structures by giving less democratic countries an equal voice. A true visionary who kept the nation out of HRC's claws."

On 10/29/2019 at 2:49 PM, goDel said:

So, euhm, about that picture...

The one red cable in front center isn't even fucking connected to anything. And the embarrassment on these men's faces is plain as day. We truly have a god damn toddler running the show.