IGNORED

What if I told You

diatoms

Congrats Ireland! Now they just need to sort out their abortion laws and we're good.

Ireland held a referendum last year and

abortion services started January 1, 2019

lots of happy people here

marriage equality referendum passed a couple of years back

now

Medicinal Cannabis before summer

Go Ireland!

:) :) :)

Be the Light that radiates unconditional Love, Forgive, Heal and have Fun:)

I Remember

PHILLIPS

electronics, tv's, headphones, cell phones, lights

Joost, Guide from Museum Speelklok, Utrecht, Netherlands

Remembers

PHILLIPS

post-17854-0-27228300-1555383705_thumb.pngpost-17854-0-91037600-1555384273_thumb.png

begins 02:57

You can tell Joost has been asked this question many times:)

What Do You Remember?

post-17854-0-07224100-1555383115_thumb.jpg

I wonder what RDJ could do with that Philipps Pianella Paganini Orchestrion

:)

"I'm no expert in the cultivation of cannabis – medicinal or otherwise – so I am not sure how well it would grow in Ireland,” Taoiseach supports idea of Irish farmers growing cannabis in the future'

'TAOISEACH LEO VARADKAR has said he has no objection to the prospect of Irish farmers diversifying and growing cannabis in the future.'

April 16, 2019

https://www.thejournal.ie/interview-leo-varadkar-4592445-Apr2019/

In a wide-ranging interview with TheJournal.ie, where Varadkar discussed John Delaney, Brexit, Peter Casey and the European elections, the Taoiseach said in light of Brexit, supports for the exposed beef sector are needed, in order to reorientate them towards new markets and new businesses.

Health Minister Simon Harris acknowledged that the “lack of availability of cannabis products in Ireland remains the most critical barrier to full implementation” of the medicinal access scheme.

The health minister supported the idea of Irish farmers growing the drug, stating that it ”could be an opportunity for Irish farmers in due course”.

In December, the Irish Farmer’s Association told TheJournal.ie that it is open to meeting the health minister to discuss the possibility of farmers growing cannabis for medicinal use.

Medicinal cannabis market 

Today, beef farmers and those in the sector will attend the Oireachtas Agriculture Committee. Could cannabis be that market?

“I am not an expert in the cultivation of cannabis – medicinal or otherwise – so I am not sure how well it would grow in Ireland,” said the Taoiseach.

“It is the case in Ireland that medicinal cannabis is legal. Now getting a licence from the minister is complicated and we are trying to improve that, but at the moment it is not possible to grow it so it has to be imported. Many have to go to the Netherlands to pharmacies to get it there,” he added.

After two years of delays, the Department of Health has identified a supplier in Denmark, confirmed Varadkar.

“From a whole common sense point of view if something is legal in Ireland – and it is, with a prescription – why import from the Netherlands or Denmark when we could grow it here? So it is nothing that I have an objection to, but I am not sure if it is a viable alternative for many farmers. I am not sure how much would actually be needed because there is only a relatively small number of patients who currently have a licence or would benefit from it,” he added."

Come On Leo

If it's Legal already

Why do less than 20 people qualify for Medicinal Cannabis

in a country of

millions

It's impossible to get prescription without taking years of chemical medications that come with damaging side effects

and have one of 3 qualifying conditions

"Spasticity associated with multiple sclerosis resistant to all standard therapies and interventions whilst under expert medical supervision;

Intractable nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy, despite the use of standard anti-emetic regimes whilst under expert medical supervision

Severe, refractory (treatment-resistant) epilepsy that has failed to respond to standard anticonvulsant medications whilst under expert medical supervision."

from: https://health.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Medicinal-Cannabis-Document-for-Publication-August-2018.pdf

Even when patients do qualify they don't receive a prescription

because doctors fear if they prescribe Medicinal Cannabis

they'll be struck off

If I didn't listen to Myself and source Medicinal Cannabis for Myself

I wouldn't be writing this right now

What if I told You that the World you know is just an illusion, that none of this is Real

Awesome Opinion, I Agree:)

'Opinion: At a cannabis dispensary in Colorado I found the only thing that offered relief for my chronic pain'

"I want to call on our minister for health Simon Harris to visit a dispensary in Colorado and talk directly to patients with chronic pain."

'I was prescribed fentanyl, a dangerous, highly addictive, synthetic opiate with horrible side effects – while a relatively harmless plant remains banned, writes Clare McAfee'

April 15, 2019

Clare McAfee

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/opinion-im-calling-on-the-minister-for-health-to-visit-medicinal-cannabis-clinics-in-colorado-4585201-Apr2019/

“I HAVE CHRONIC pain and I’d like some cannabis, please”.

Those are words I uttered to a ‘budtender’ at a cannabis dispensary in Colorado back in 2017 when I was being treated for interstitial cystitis.

It’s a terrible chronic pain condition, I can only compare it to living with shards of glass in your bladder at all times, making it impossible to function normally. If you have ever had a urinary tract infection it’s like having one consistently.

My case was down to a hormone imbalance and like most other cases of interstitial cystitis, it didn’t respond well to pain killers.

I tried lots of types of painkillers ranging from paracetamol and tramadol to dangerous synthetic opioids like fentanyl patches as well as Lyrica which is typically used for epilepsy.

They offered little relief from the pain  and came with horrible side effects. I’m talking headaches, nausea, dizziness, weight gain and uncontrollable fatigue.

Medical marijuana was legalised in Colorado 19 years ago. The conditions it is used for include cancer, PTSD, persistent muscle spasms, epilepsy, nausea, MS, glaucoma, HIV /AIDS and of course chronic pain.

Sufferers of any approved illness are allowed to possess up to 57g of marijuana prescribed for medical purposes. They can also grow up to six plants at home, with no more than half flowering at any one time.

Recreational use also became legal in 2012, allowing tourists and visitors to purchase and use marijuana within the state. As a visitor, all you need to attend an emporium of cannabis in Colorado is your passport.

Once you enter the dispensary, it can only be described as a chronic pain patient’s dream

There are topicals which include lotions and balms for muscular aches and pains, transdermal patches, bud of all types for smoking, vape pens, edibles such as chews, sweets and brownies.

There are a plethora of CBD oils to choose from with varying ratios of THC content.

It’s eye-opening and also a bit confusing to have so much choice, but thankfully there are always ‘budtenders’ on hand to advise you on what’s best for your needs.

I was happy to try out an indica strain for smoking, THC transdermal patches and some cannabis-based sweets.

I tried the sweets first and felt less anxiety, but not much effect on the pain. Smoking the indica resulted in a noticeable reduction in pain and the anxiety that accompanies it.

I sat and read a book in abject peace, something that I hadn’t been able to do for ages.

The next day I stuck the THC patch on and that provided an even greater reduction in pain and so I went out shopping. I got to temporarily step back into the body of the ‘old Clare’ the one that was able to happily browse in shops.

Given the level of pain relief I experienced, the temptation to pack the THC patches in my suitcase to bring home was very strong.

I did, however, wish to remain a law-abiding citizen once I stepped back on Irish soil.

I want to call on our minister for health Simon Harris to visit a dispensary in Colorado and talk directly to patients with chronic pain.

I’m delighted that he has moved towards permitting medical cannabis for patients with MS, cancer patients suffering from nausea due to chemotherapy and epilepsy patients who are not responding to drug therapy.

But why has he not made it available for all cancer patients, all epilepsy patients and all chronic pain patients?

If pharmaceutical medications worked, we’d take them. If pharmaceutical medications didn’t come with some terrible side effects, we’d take them.

Surely it is obvious that the side effects of cannabis are less than the side effects of opiate drugs like fentanyl that are legally allowed. Is it not also obvious that the risks of addiction are much lower?

So why is this government forcing people to obtain this relatively safe treatment on the black market?

We see constant news stories about garda seizures of cannabis. As a chronic pain patient, all I can think is ‘what a waste’.

I’d go further than suggesting decriminalisation, not only should we legislate for medicinal marijuana we should move into producing it in Ireland too.

In 2018 sales of cannabis in the state of Colorado totalled $1.5bn resulting in licence fees and tax take for the Colorado Department of Revenue of $266m

Perhaps it is time that the Irish government made use of our excellent agricultural skills, as well as our good land and weather conditions – in order to move into cannabis production.

Why not start producing cannabis for medicinal purposes and then re-investing the revenues into our cash-strapped public health system?

April 15, 2019

Clare McAfee

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/opinion-im-calling-on-the-minister-for-health-to-visit-medicinal-cannabis-clinics-in-colorado-4585201-Apr2019/

See some of You Here?

post-17854-0-91129300-1555559642_thumb.jpg

Find Me

I'll Smoke Ya Up:)

Awesome, Thanks prdctvsm:)

I really need to read this right Now!

'hsin hsin ming' by sosan

sosan.jpg                          

The Hsin-Hsin Ming

by Seng-ts'an

The Great Way is not difficult,

for those who have no preferences.

Let go of longing and aversion,

and it reveals itself.

Make the smallest distinction, however,

and you are as far from it as heaven is from earth.

If you want to realize the truth,

then hold no opinions for or against anything.

Like and dislike

is the disease of the mind.

When the deep meaning (of the Way) is not understood

the intrinsic peace of mind is disturbed.

As vast as infinite space,

it is perfect and lacks nothing.

Indeed, it is due to your grasping and repelling

That you do not see things as they are.

Do not get entangled in things;

Do not get lost in emptiness.

Be still in the oneness of things

and dualism vanishes by itself.

When you try to stop motion to achieve quietude,

the very effort fills you with activity.

As long as you hold on to opposites

you will never know the One Way.

Those who do not understand the Way

will assert or deny the reality of things.

Deny the reality of things, you miss its deeper reality;

Assert the reality of things, you miss the emptiness of all things.

The more you think about it,

the further you are from the truth.

Cease all thinking,

and there is nothing that will not be revealed to you.

To return to the root is to find the essence,

but to pursue appearances is to miss the Source.

The moment you are enlightened,

you go beyond appearances and emptiness.

Changes that seem to occur in the (empty) world,

appear real only because of ignorance.

Do not search for the truth;

only cease to cherish opinions.

Do not hold to dualistic views,

avoid such habits carefully.

If there is even a trace of right and wrong,

the mind is lost in confusion.

Although all dualities arise from the One,

do not cling even to this One.

When the mind exists undisturbed in the Way,

everything is without fault.

When things can no longer be faulty, it is as if there are no things.

When the mind can no longer be disturbed, it is as if there is no mind.

When thought-objects vanish, the thinking-subject vanishes.

When the mind vanishes, objects vanish.

The arising of other gives rise to self;

giving rise to self generates other.

Know these seeming two facets

as one Emptiness.

In this Emptiness, the two are indistinguishable

and each contains in itself the whole.

When no discrimination is made between this and that,

how can you prefer one to another?

The Great Way is all-embracing,

not easy, not difficult.

Those who rely on limited views are fearful and irresolute;

the faster they hurry, the slower they go.

Clinging, they go too far,

even an attachment to enlightenment is to go astray.

Just let things be in their own way as they are,

and there is neither coming nor going.

Be in harmony with the Way

and you will be free of disturbances.

Tied by your thoughts, you lose the truth,

become heavy, dull, and unwell.

Not well, the mind is troubled.

Then why cling to or reject anything?

If you wish to move in the One Way,

do not dislike even the world of senses and ideas.

Indeed, to accept them fully

is identical with true Enlightenment.

The wise attaches to no goals,

but the foolish fetter themselves.

There is but one Dharma, not many.

Distinctions arise from the clinging needs of the ignorant.

Using mind to stir up the mind

is the original mistake.

Peaceful and troubled derive from thinking;

Enlightenment has no likes or dislikes.

All dualities come from

ignorant inference.

They are like unto dreams or flowers in the air,

the foolish try to grasp them.

Gain and loss, right and wrong,

abandon all such thoughts at once.

If the eye never sleeps,

all dreams will naturally cease.

If the mind makes no discriminations,

all things are as they are, of One-essence.

To understand the mystery of this One-essence

is to be released from all entanglements.

When all things are seen without differentiation,

you return to the origin and remain what you are.

Consider the movement in stillness and the stationary in motion,

both movement and rest disappear.

When such dualities cease to exist

even Oneness itself cannot exist.

This ultimate state

is not bound by rules and descriptions.

For the Realized mind, at one with the Way,

all doing ceases.

Doubts and irresolutions vanish

and the Truth is confirmed in you.

With a single stroke you are freed from bondage;

nothing clings to you and you hold onto nothing.

All is void, clear, and self-illuminating,

with no need to exert the mind.

Here thinking, feeling, knowledge, and imagination

are of no value.

In this world of “as it really is”

there is neither self nor other.

To swiftly accord with that,

only express nonduality.

In this nonduality nothing is separate,

nothing is excluded.

The enlightened of all times and places

have personally realized this truth.

The Truth is beyond time and space,

one instant is eternity.

Not here, not there-

but everywhere always right before your eyes.

Infinitely large and infinitely small,

no difference, for definitions have vanished

and no boundaries can be discerned.

So too with “existence” and “non-existence.”

Don’t waste time in arguments and discussion,

attempting to grasp the ungraspable.

One thing and everything

move among and intermingle without distinction.

To live in this Realization

is to not worry about perfection or non-perfection.

To put your trust in the Way is to live without separation,

and in this nonduality you are one with the Way.

Words! Words!

The Way is beyond language,

Words never could, can not now, and never will describe the Way.

Interpretation by

Eric Putkonen

I

heard

from

a

little

bird

medicinal

cannabis

cards

will

be

issued

to

anyone

who

needs

it

Awesome

Awesome Post:)

Nostalgia post Web 2.0 has been quite the mindfuck - user content driven media has contributed greatly to rediscovering old shows, movies, video games, pictures of long gone places, etc. even mundane stuff like retro-futuristic fonts and typefaces, new age art, library music, etc. (which was the prime fodder for gernes like vaporwave, hypnagogic pop, and other hauntology electronic music)

The catch is it's become so easy to recreate and subsequently, edit, parse, and revise these raw sources of nostalgia into stylistic homages, memes, parodies, etc. It provides a distorted and idealized vision of the past for those who never lived it and a mentally jarring memory alternative to those who did. Simon Reynolds highlighted this in Retromania and it's been a debate far above my cursory intellectual knowledge within postmodernism debates.

Anyone else find themselves dealing with hyper-faux memories or a find increasingly fleeting memories of actual existing or being the way you were in the past - pre-social media, pre-internet. The days where you had to tape a song on the radio, catch a film or tv show showing or miss it for years, sear a visual memory of something you saw on a trip, walk, or drive without the use of a phone camera. Throughout human existence memory has always become something hazy, distorted, and selectively forgotten and highlighed but now even those routines are being drastically altered or eliminated altogether.

The one I've been actively restoring is the feeling of idle time before not just on demand streaming content but also internet and cable. Losing minutes, hours, even large parts of the day to imagination, internal thoughts, and hobbies and activities for a whole day. I used to pour over every detail of old magazines, catalogs, books. Now I find myself mindlessly scrolling curated content on instagram and often feel vapid and empty. I fight against it and I'm self-aware of it, so I don't feel like I lost anything significant yet. I have purposely tried to fight of my erasing of pure albeit imperfect visual memories in my brain of my past with precise and accurate but nonetheless imperfect and incomplete photos, google street views, or easily accessed written histories. It's like replacing a real car for a simulated drive, a vinyl copy of a record with some 128kps mp3s and 300x300 pixel scan of the cover. It's just not the same and it's not as genuine.

We're at a time were oral tradition and curated memories are dying out but the elevation to full blown simulated realities, AI, and interfacing conscious with digital computers is still way off.

4/20

I saw someone with a DSOTM prism shirt on

So I asked quite a few people on the steps of custom house about

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

They were ALL confused why there is a

THE

at the Beginning

of

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Are You?

PINK FLOYD - DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

post-17854-0-43479400-1518116282.jpgpost-17854-0-06911700-1518116318.jpgpost-17854-0-52952700-1518116352.jpg

post-17854-0-38546100-1518116378.jpgpost-17854-0-71278400-1518116436.png

I know someone on here remembers this being the title of the album :)

The record store guy I talked to yesterday wasn't very happy about the change and refused to believe

what it's always been since 1973

PINK FLOYD - THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

post-17854-0-26260600-1518116687.jpgpost-17854-0-36677600-1518116715.jpgpost-17854-0-02593700-1518116777.jpgpost-17854-0-88082600-1518116833.jpgpost-17854-0-12658700-1518116888.jpg

What?!?

Haha, span that's Awesome:) !!!

Now I'm Really Interested in what the title printed inside on the CD disc itself is, Please?

That's Awesome

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Just like I Remember:)

mE2KRAN.png

am i caught between universes?

love n light

The name of the album isn't printed anywhere else, oddly enough. Neither on the CD nor the booklet

I reckon people dropped the 'The' naturally, and at some point EMI decided to drop it too for marketing purposes. Would be cool to jump on discogs and pinpoint when exactly they dropped the 'The'. If I'd to guess I'd say it was during the first CD issues? or for the 90s remaster with the new art (pictured)

mE2KRAN.png

love n light

Doesn't the fact that both of these exist in the same picture destroy the whole idea of this thread ?

mE2KRAN.png

love n light

Doesn't the fact that both of these exist in the same picture destroy the whole idea of this thread ?

What Do You Remember yek?

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

or

THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

All the Original vinyl/cd/reissues I've ever seen

Always had the title

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

mE2KRAN.png

love n light

What Do You Remember yek?

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

or

THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

All the Original vinyl/cd/reissues I've ever seen

Always had the title

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

My record has THE

It was printed in 73

This record?

i just went downtown and bought some things

records: the doors greatest hits, the doors wierd scenes inside the goldmine, pink floyd dark side of the moon

Open world games. It was fun when it started but now every game seems to be open world. And what do you have to do? Drive around for 75% of the game to your objective and back to do something there.

Then the open world is also riddled with 100's of stupid side quests and what is left? 5% of solid gameplay. I liked them in the past but it is getting ridiculous. I do not really like playing them anymore, I wished they went back to more linear gameplay and just from time to time release an open world game. Thats why I went to indie games on the moment. At least then you play a game. Not drive around for 5 minutes to your objective, do a 2 minute objective between 2 10 minutes cutsenes, and drive back. Seems to me that AAA games are getting to be a chore, work, not for relaxing anymore.

Game of Life?

Time for a Reset