IGNORED

@Admin

Psychotronic

Centurix, on 16 Apr 2017 - 4:00 PM, said:

I can understand that. What framework have you settled on? I tend to default to Laravel/Lumen for new stuff as I can jam it up with design patterns. But to be honest, I'm not too fussy. I've been burnt too many times with proprietary third party libraries that I almost expect to be pissed on from a great height at some stage during a projects development. After years wondering around Symfony, Cake, CodeIngiter Phalcon and a few others these seems to have stuck with me.

Lumen looks very interesting, i'll have a look at that. Thx!

With the new system i don't currently work centered to a single programming language, but try my luck with multiple.

Templating: Mustache (works with any programming language or framework)

Client Side: HTML5 + CSS3 + LESSCSS + Bootstrap + jquery + vuejs

Database: redis(sessions), elastic search(fulltext search), mariadb(master data)

Server Side: Google GO + Java + Python (+ Erlang)

I might also use a graph database like neo4j.

All of this might sound a little weird, so let me explain.

Think about the following:

1. Most of the usage of a website is passive. People search and consume content. This content can be static for a given user group.

2. People want to change the contents sometimes, this has to be dynamic.

So what i'm aiming for is not a classical board software, but a system that is basically a part time static site generator mixed with client side single page app + some classic server side mvc.

For example: Think about what a thread/topic for a board software is and how it is rendered at runtime for every user. Next, think about what parts of it you could pre render... etc.

I understand that, sounds like a really good approach. If there's a lot of static content then something like Varnish might really help out as a static HTTP cache as well.

I'm learning Vue at the moment, just getting off the Ember.js bandwagon. It's nice, but far too big for some projects. Also, Python is great. Should make more stuff in Python.

sweet jesus there's a lot of posts to convert. wtf have you guys being doing?

Been talkin shit

Is this why the replies were double posting for a bit?

wait, when was that?

I noticed it from like thursday to saturday? I'd hit "post" and nothing would happen, so i'd click again and it would say "no double posting". Then i refreshed the page and there would be be my post twice in one reply

I ended up just hitting "post" once, refreshing the page, and my reply would be there

Thought it was maybe just me but i recall seeing some replies that were doubled up the same way

^ I noticed a lot of double posts as well, but I've gone back to some of the threads and they seem to be fixed for the most part (showing as single posts now)... =/ weird

Yeah, all sorted now - the good news is we now have a fully* converted, working dev environment so we can begin the customisation work, and getting things ready for the production cutover.

*converter scripts STILL running at this time AFAIK.

HUGE thanks to Centurix for all the heavy lifting, especially on Easter weekend! I should add a secondary sidebar item for "Buy Centurix a Beer" donation meter! :dadjoke:

*waits for a +260 pixels side banner*

Not needed - new site is fully responsive, and no mobile skin - site adapts to your device's viewport size.

Screw the UTF-8 update, what if I need any more Squarepusher: Ufabulum — track by track written by SquarepusherWarp: information?

LOL, WARP doesn't do RSS feeds anymore.

Archived