IGNORED

Autechre + Mari Hamada 1997 rare track

Kavinsky

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, heard this originally from the unofficial Laxir remix collection.

Asked about it also in the AAA, the response was something like that it was a one off track by some weird coincidence, if I remember correctly.

Edit: Ah, here it is: https://forum.watmm.com/topic/81109-aaa-ask-autechre-anything-sean-and-rob-on-watmm/?p=2084588

Yeah, heard this originally from the unofficial Laxir remix collection.

Asked about it also in the AAA, the response was something like that it was a one off track by some weird coincidence, if I remember correctly.

Edit: Ah, here it is: https://forum.watmm.com/topic/81109-aaa-ask-autechre-anything-sean-and-rob-on-watmm/?p=2084588

Yup I have been enjoying this remix for a while now. If there's still people getting introduced to this and really enjoying it, I strongly recommend you check out their other remixes, at your own pace of course. It's another 3-4 releases' worth of material and it's some of their finest! You might recognize some reuse between these and their mid-90s material as well, which is fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the vocals make it imo. So many weird notes, I'm not sure if it's down to Ae not really understanding harmony or Hamada intentionally fucking with the scale, but it sounds brilliant.

Yeah the vocals make it imo. So many weird notes, I'm not sure if it's down to Ae not really understanding harmony or Hamada intentionally fucking with the scale, but it sounds brilliant.

Yeah! Is it that weird Japanese 24-note scale she's singing in?

At any rate, there's this one note in the middle she hits (I think it's the lowest one in her whole performance) that either gives me goose bumps or gets me a little misty every time I hear it, depending on my mood.

I actually like the vocals a lot although I have no idea what she's saying.

I don't either, lol.

All my years of studying Japanese out the window now. Oh well.

Archived