IGNORED

The Bro

TheBro

11 hours ago, sTeh B L said:

I listened to "Retro Style (demo)." It was a pretty fun and playful track. I liked the weird growly bass.

There's a high pitched synth that comes in around the middle that I think could be turned down, though.

Yeah man I'll lower the volume of the square lead as I agree its a bit loud!! Thanks for listening.

Anyone else yo?

this track has a very positive energy to it. i was actually smiling listening to it, another nice break from really heavy/moody energy that seems to prevade so much art these days. also feels like it'd be pretty easy to extend it out if you wanted to - could basically go a long ways just with the parts you introduced in this clip, dropping things in & out.

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 10:54 PM, Cryptowen said:

this track has a very positive energy to it. i was actually smiling listening to it, another nice break from really heavy/moody energy that seems to prevade so much art these days. also feels like it'd be pretty easy to extend it out if you wanted to - could basically go a long ways just with the parts you introduced in this clip, dropping things in & out.

Thanks man for the kind words. I did enjoy making this and seeing where it would go. I've extended it now to 3.5 mins. Not sure I'm totally happy with the direction but will get my keyboard out and have more of a proper play with it another time. Let me know what you all think of the update!!! Thanks.

The Bro - Retro Style (demo).mp3

2 hours ago, TheBro said:

It's really fun to listen to. Also, it's got great development - something that many people struggle with and is pretty hard to get right. The way you're reusing themes and changing them to keep the whole thing cohesive but interesting is pretty well done.

I would make it longer though. With the buildup you've go so far you can afford it. Like, make the singing voices last for two more rounds, and just keep repeating the final phrases for a while. At this point it's kind of what we've all been waiting for.

You could even do a fadeout. Although I'm kind of a sucker for fadeouts so maybe don't listen to me. It needs a more definitive ending at least.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ArtificialDisco said:

It's really fun to listen to. Also, it's got great development - something that many people struggle with and is pretty hard to get right. The way you're reusing themes and changing them to keep the whole thing cohesive but interesting is pretty well done.

I would make it longer though. With the buildup you've go so far you can afford it. Like, make the singing voices last for two more rounds, and just keep repeating the final phrases for a while. At this point it's kind of what we've all been waiting for.

You could even do a fadeout. Although I'm kind of a sucker for fadeouts so maybe don't listen to me. It needs a more definitive ending at least.

Thanks man - your words are really appreciated. Blessings. ?

• Like 1

I listened to "Hoovering (demo)". I like what's going on with the beat's cymbals and hi-hats, but I would have liked some more beat variations like the one around 1:46.

The 909 is incredible on this.  Snappy and punishing.  The high synth at the midway point add's some detroit to the track.  Weirdly enough it was the Hoover that grabbed me the least!  Looking forward to where you go with this one.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sTeh B L said:

I listened to "Hoovering (demo)". I like what's going on with the beat's cymbals and hi-hats, but I would have liked some more beat variations like the one around 1:46.

Thanks I'm working on it! ?

3 hours ago, eassae said:

The ride from 0:13->0:52 really had my head bangin'.

Me too ha ha!!! Thanks.

2 hours ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

The 909 is incredible on this.  Snappy and punishing.  The high synth at the midway point add's some detroit to the track.  Weirdly enough it was the Hoover that grabbed me the least!  Looking forward to where you go with this one.

Thanks man I appreciate your words!! I will continue to make the hoover more interesting!! Blessings.

I did version 2 of this tune now. Its up to 4.5 minutes long. Enjoy!!! ?

The Bro - Hoovering (demo 2) by The Bro | Free Listening on SoundCloud

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 7:11 PM, TheBro said:

The Bro - Back in Time (demo).mp3 5.71 MB · 2 downloads

I made a little jungle ting. Got to sort the bassline out. Anyways enjoy!!! ?

I enjoyed this a lot. The subs are great. On my main headphones (AudioTechnica) they were absolutely murderous! The bass line is fine to my ears

I have the same comment as last time, I'd like this to be longer.

Also, you're posting so much that it hard to even keep track. Aren't you ever worried that you're spreading yourself to thin? I think spending more time on finishing things would be a really big benefit to you.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2021 at 1:14 PM, ArtificialDisco said:

I enjoyed this a lot. The subs are great. On my main headphones (AudioTechnica) they were absolutely murderous! The bass line is fine to my ears

I have the same comment as last time, I'd like this to be longer.

Also, you're posting so much that it hard to even keep track. Aren't you ever worried that you're spreading yourself to thin? I think spending more time on finishing things would be a really big benefit to you.

Ha ha I know. I'm trying to finish tunes. I just excited when I make something I feel great about and want to share it! Anyways glad you're feeling it. I will go back to it this weekend or this evening I hope and try and progress it further!!!

Anyone else feeling it. Let me know. Cheers all!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Looks like a good time.  Have you ever done a livestream thing?

My friend Yaw Noir wants to do one. He's keen but need to figure out what style to opt for. I'm thinking of jungle too again!!! ????

• Like 1