IGNORED

The Bro

TheBro

On 5/2/2020 at 1:10 AM, TheBro said:

Something fresh from The Bro. Some House/Techno/Acid. Check it guys and let me know what you think!!! ?

House usually isn't entirely my cuppa but this is fun. Great mix as well. Gets even better toward the end. In fact this might be some of the best I've heard from you so far

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2020 at 8:30 PM, zoid said:

love it! Mad Mike / UR vibes

interesting chord sequence, and the bass line is great. ?

Thanks Zoid nice one!!

On 5/5/2020 at 10:19 AM, BCM said:

yeah nice! emoji108.png

this newer stuff using your hardware is orders of magnitude better than your ipad only tracks.

Big up Dan. Respect!!! ??

On 5/5/2020 at 11:17 AM, rhmilo said:

A cheery little ditty. Enjoyed it.

You're not lying about the House/Techno/Acid bit, btw. First it's House and in the last third it's Acid all of a sudden. The techno isn't very obvious to me, though ?

Awesome thanks man. Nice one!!

23 hours ago, dingformung said:

House usually isn't entirely my cuppa but this is fun. Great mix as well. Gets even better toward the end. In fact this might be some of the best I've heard from you so far

Ha ha cool. Thanks I appreciate that!!

Anyone else let me know if you are feeling it.

Cheers!!!

On 5/5/2020 at 9:33 AM, dingformung said:

Something fresh from The Bro. Some House/Techno/Acid. Check it guys and let me know what you think!!! ?

yeah this is pretty dope, nice swing and nerdy chords, make that kick fatter please, like heavy techno... pretty lush 303 as well...

the beat reminds me of this banger, that's why i asked for a fatter kick... maybe it's not fatter that i'm after, but with less highs, muddier...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, Tim_J said:

yeah this is pretty dope, nice swing and nerdy chords, make that kick fatter please, like heavy techno... pretty lush 303 as well...

the beat reminds me of this banger, that's why i asked for a fatter kick... maybe it's not fatter that i'm after, but with less highs, muddier...

Awesome man thanks!!!

Something fresh I've been working on tonight. An interesting kinda vibe with this one. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!!!

• Like 2

On 5/15/2020 at 1:31 AM, TheBro said:

Hey guys something fresh. Enjoy!!!

For me this is definitely one of the all-time favourites from you. Channels so well the 90s jungle-vibe. Authentic sounding AF! ? 

• Thanks 1

Last two tunes got me in a good mood! Your TD-3 is sounding mighty wet on FM Funk, it's got a different tone than mine. Have you considered getting an old akai sampler for some of that 90's grit? Some great deals out there, I saw a 3000XL for €50 last month, didn't know well enough to nab it...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chim said:

Last two tunes got me in a good mood! Your TD-3 is sounding mighty wet on FM Funk, it's got a different tone than mine. Have you considered getting an old akai sampler for some of that 90's grit? Some great deals out there, I saw a 3000XL for €50 last month, didn't know well enough to nab it...

Hey Chim I actually have an Akai S2000 but it's a stripped down one i.e no separate outs or on board effects. I don't think I actually used it on a track officially yet. Also I recall having problems getting samples into it so wasn't entirely sure if it was working lol. When I get my studio set up properly I'll definitely try and get back to using it!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 9:13 AM, TheBro said:

Let's try that again!!

Putting the Fro in the Bro! Makes you want to strut. The only thing is the chords in the second half get in the way of the other sounds a bit, they work musically but could use some high pass filtering or EQ to thin them out so they don't clash and hog the sound spectrum.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2020 at 12:13 AM, TheBro said:

Let's try that again!!

that is GREAT! really enjoyed it, all elements working together well. ?

• Thanks 1

Apocalypse Jungle is sweet. 

old skool vibes with some nice old skool production techniques (the time stretched beat etc)

I haven’t listened on proper speakers yet, only on my iPad which struggled obviously with the sub bass. The sound is important to capture the old skool vibe so I can fully understand how and why etc but to cover more of how people listen these days, potentially look at tweaking the mix slightly. It’s not mentioned much now but something like Maxxbass from Waves is good for these kind of things. Mostly now with the modern synths designed specifically to overcome this issue by layering sound etc it’s not such an issue when your bass line covers from like 20hz upto 5k, with loads of squealing midrange cack but simple sub bass can be difficult to translate across to small speakers. 

I wouldn’t waste your time tweaking it now as the track is good but might be something to think of in the future if you’re doing more stuff like it.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 12:27 PM, Grain Bastard said:

Apocalypse Jungle is sweet. 

old skool vibes with some nice old skool production techniques (the time stretched beat etc)

I haven’t listened on proper speakers yet, only on my iPad which struggled obviously with the sub bass. The sound is important to capture the old skool vibe so I can fully understand how and why etc but to cover more of how people listen these days, potentially look at tweaking the mix slightly. It’s not mentioned much now but something like Maxxbass from Waves is good for these kind of things. Mostly now with the modern synths designed specifically to overcome this issue by layering sound etc it’s not such an issue when your bass line covers from like 20hz upto 5k, with loads of squealing midrange cack but simple sub bass can be difficult to translate across to small speakers. 

I wouldn’t waste your time tweaking it now as the track is good but might be something to think of in the future if you’re doing more stuff like it.

Awesome thanks for digging it. Yeah you have to listen to it on Speakers or Headphones to hear the sub properly ?.

Anyone else feeling this too?

Bless up.

A little action on the Roland TR707! #rolandinstruments #rolandtr707 #rolandtr707rhythmcomposer #drummachine #tr707 #vintagedrummachine #housenation #chicagohouse #chicagohousemusic #musicproducer #homestudiosetup #musicequipment #roland #housebeat #oldskooldrummachine #oldskoolhouse
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBQmtEegUK2/?igshid=1c5tn5xxli027

• Like 2

• 1 month later...