IGNORED

Luke Vibert Uses Propellerheads Reason

Alzado

- My first Reason project was Amen Andrews in 2003, then YosepH which was part Reason, part analogue. The first all-Reason project was Kerrier District in 2004, followed by Wagon Christ's Sorry I make you Lush which was all Reason too.

here's the whole interview:

vibert/reason interview

Edited by LOL Alzado

its cool that he supplied some reason files there. some of them make me confused though, like the combinator bits but i guess thats cause i dont use the program enough.

Guest Iain C

Cheers for that LOL, it was interesting. Never tried Reason though, but I'm perfectly happy with Ableton

Cheers for that LOL, it was interesting. Never tried Reason though, but I'm perfectly happy with Ableton

yeah cool. i think the point is, whatever you use, it's enough. i myself have been guilty of always trying to get my hands on whatever newest version of the latest thing is. just goes to show that if LV can make quality tunes with Reason, than any of us can make good tunes with whatever we're using. need to spend more time on songwriting, less time on fiddling around.

man, its dawning on me and i expect loads of other people, that im recording and mastering and even writing albums the same way as vibert?! with out even knowing it.

well yeah, what did you think, he aint recording on gold-plated, diamant-engraved 128 track Studer-taperecorders with bob moog's signature on it while mixing on a 1024 channel Series 9900 SSL machine that he built himself using only weed stems and a gum wrapper, while simultaniously writing hyperacidcore using his Stradivarus violin, MIDI'ed up to a sequencer that he wrote in assembly language WHILE single-handedly rolling a vibertspliff® and at the same time trimming his vibertbeard® with a devilfish 303 that he modified into a razorblade that will save the world by closing the hole in the ozon layer and banishing all the evildoers from the world.

Its funny about the aphex bit. I used to think a lot of his loops were sampled or recorded but recently I realized its just nice one-shots put together nicely, so this reassures me. The 20 EQs bit has to be an exaggeration, lol! maybe noy. This kind of explains his music changes over the years. THe squarepusher thing is cool about the bass controled acid machine. Makes me want to try reason so I can hear the example song.

EDIT; what two new albums are they speaking of?

Edited by Bubba69

Its funny about the aphex bit. I used to think a lot of his loops were sampled or recorded but recently I realized its just nice one-shots put together nicely, so this reassures me. The 20 EQs bit has to be an exaggeration, lol! maybe noy. This kind of explains his music changes over the years. THe squarepusher thing is cool about the bass controled acid machine. Makes me want to try reason so I can hear the example song.

kerrier district2 and spac hand , probably both spac hand releases.

kerrier district2 and spac hand , probably both spac hand releases.

Aren't those rephlex? I thought it said planet-mu and something else. And I thought they said Vibert. Let me see again.

now i shall have to install reason and try it out

doesn't it not even have support for vsts?

Guest Analogue Wings
well yeah, what did you think, he aint recording on gold-plated, diamant-engraved 128 track Studer-taperecorders with bob moog's signature on it while mixing on a 1024 channel Series 9900 SSL machine that he built himself using only weed stems and a gum wrapper, while simultaniously writing hyperacidcore using his Stradivarus violin, MIDI'ed up to a sequencer that he wrote in assembly language WHILE single-handedly rolling a vibertspliff® and at the same time trimming his vibertbeard® with a devilfish 303 that he modified into a razorblade that will save the world by closing the hole in the ozon layer and banishing all the evildoers from the world.

You forgot the vibertbandanna® :arrr:

Guest cosmonaut

really good interview. i use reason every now and then but ableton for me is the best piece of software out there.

from the interview:

- What's your approach to post processing and mastering?

- I export the Reason songs to AIFF, then I often take them into Peak and mess around with the track, do a few backward snare drums or whatever....

what is Peak?

really good interview. i use reason every now and then but ableton for me is the best piece of software out there.

from the interview:

- What's your approach to post processing and mastering?

- I export the Reason songs to AIFF, then I often take them into Peak and mess around with the track, do a few backward snare drums or whatever....

what is Peak?

audio editor me thinks