IGNORED

Luke Vibert Uses Propellerheads Reason

Alzado

Well i'm always down for trying new things and possibly expanding...

Messing with new sequencers on a saturday morning is grand.

None the less, i think we should all focus on making fun of reason because it has no vst support

:cool:

Guest DrHat
Well i'm always down for trying new things and possibly expanding...

Messing with new sequencers on a saturday morning is grand.

None the less, i think we should all focus on making fun of reason because it has no vst support

:cool:

just think of it as a plugin, not a sequencer. via rewire, that's basicly how you use it.

sequencer is just a bonus.

I've had abelton for a few months and only used it as a stand alone in order to get used to the the program. Lately I've been using Reason thru rewire and having a blast resequencing all my old Reason grooves.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Magoo

can someone please help with the sampler?

is it possible to load different sounds to different keys on one of the samplers?

like for instance; i record the sounds of a guitar, and all i want are like 4 keys;C, D, F and A, and then i doo a few pop sounds/slaps/slides, can i then assign those samples to the keys i want?

if so please show me a link/tutorial?

Guest blicero
can someone please help with the sampler?

is it possible to load different sounds to different keys on one of the samplers?

like for instance; i record the sounds of a guitar, and all i want are like 4 keys;C, D, F and A, and then i doo a few pop sounds/slaps/slides, can i then assign those samples to the keys i want?

if so please show me a link/tutorial?

NNXT

rtfm

• 10 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Anyone sitting on those .reason files from Vibert back in the day? I had them at one point but seem to have disappeared into the foggy ruins of time. Would be a treat to open up his track in Reason again and pick his brain a bit. That was rad how tf did i lose that..

• 3 years later...

I used Reason for making drum/synth/bass loops 2003-2004, then sequenced tracks in Acid.  The native compressor and reverb plug-ins were really unique and incredible.  I still haven't used anything comparable, and it's kind of a shame I got too lazy to keep with that method.  It's so easy to effortlessly make everything sound huge in Reason.  I found sequencing awkward in it though, especially since I was really into chopping up samples and effects at the time.  

• Like 1

This was a fun read, thanks for bumping it!

I used Reason 2.x a lot and have good memories of it, but once all the older pros started selling their hardware for next to nothing and moving ITB I started buying it up cheap, and at this point I'm just about ready to start sequencing in Notator on an Atari ST (picked up a maxed out 1040 STe for $40 in the box with half a dozen boxed games and 4 or 5 programing books from a retired developer years ago but I haven't sequenced on it in a long time, and back when I did I hardly had any hardware so it was kind of pointless), I just need to make a breakout box for it's weird MIDI in/thru port and start practicing.