IGNORED

Broken Bones & Hospital Stories

ye, def snapped, i was out for 3 month's and my wife wasn't happy with dungeon snail but our doc said old tower would heal so then we were happy ever after

never trust a chick on top yo guys

'dungeon snail' omigod!!! EROTIKK

thx for the tip (gnome sane LOL)

My story which has made me not trust any doctor or hospital.

The wife and I were living apart (10 hour drive, 2 hour flight), she calls me about 9 pm one night saying she's having extreme abdominal pain. Some friends take her to the hospital. We suspect it is a torsed ovary, as she is prone to large ovarian cysts and this happened to her once before 7 years prior. She gets to the hospital and tells them this with urgency because they had to remove one ovary in the prior incident and there's only one left duh.

I hop on a flight the next morning, arrive at the hospital. She still hasn't seen the fucking doctor, they did scans the night before, pumped her full of pain meds and shoved her in a room. I reiterate the concerns about the possibility that it could be a torsed ovary, they said the scans were negative for that.

A few days pass and she is discharged with no pain anymore. We schedule an appt with her gyno, explain the situation. He freaks out, gets her into emergency surgery. Yeah, it was a torsed ovary which is now dead. They remove it. My wife wakes up from surgery and I have to tell her that we will never have kids and she is now in menopause at age 29.

Later found out the initial doctor didn't feel like coming to the hospital at 10 pm so she had the nurse interpret the initial scan with her over the phone.

We sued the fuckers and they settled. I wanted to kill them and the hospital lawyer who was fighting tooth and nail to keep us from getting any money at all.

Fuckers.

Worst part is that for a while my wife blamed herself for going to the ER and not her gyno right away. I told her that you go to a hospital and you expect them to correctly diagnose and treat your problem. Especially when you fucking tell them what it most likely is right off the bat.

I understand people make mistakes, but that's not what this was, and now my trust in hospitals / doctors is pretty low.

The wife and I were living apart (10 hour drive, 2 hour flight), she calls me about 9 pm one night saying she's having extreme abdominal pain. Some friends take her to the hospital. We suspect it is a torsed ovary, as she is prone to large ovarian cysts and this happened to her once before 7 years prior. She gets to the hospital and tells them this with urgency because they had to remove one ovary in the prior incident and there's only one left duh.

I hop on a flight the next morning, arrive at the hospital. She still hasn't seen the fucking doctor, they did scans the night before, pumped her full of pain meds and shoved her in a room. I reiterate the concerns about the possibility that it could be a torsed ovary, they said the scans were negative for that.

A few days pass and she is discharged with no pain anymore. We schedule an appt with her gyno, explain the situation. He freaks out, gets her into emergency surgery. Yeah, it was a torsed ovary which is now dead. They remove it. My wife wakes up from surgery and I have to tell her that we will never have kids and she is now in menopause at age 29.

Later found out the initial doctor didn't feel like coming to the hospital at 10 pm so she had the nurse interpret the initial scan with her over the phone.

We sued the fuckers and they settled. I wanted to kill them and the hospital lawyer who was fighting tooth and nail to keep us from getting any money at all.

Fuckers.

General banter threads fuck with my mind, just can't hack the schizoid nature of them and that's why I only really post on the beer thread. Ivan tells his funny story and you tell your very sad one. Sorry for you man, see you in the beer thread soon.

I broke my ankle at an Arcade Fire show a few years ago. It was an outdoor show at an ampitheater with camping. Stayed on it for the entire concert and walked the 2 miles back to the campsite. When I woke up it was the size of a bowling ball. Ended up in a cast for 2 and a half months and a boot for another month or so. Gained like 30 pounds. Do not recommend.

Fuckers.

wow harsh :( sorry man...in what country did this happen..and what was the settlement..money, how much?

United States. Not allowed to talk about the settlement amount, for obvious reasons (they don't want that precedent out there so they can screw others and get away with lesser amounts).

Apparently, settlement and medical malpractice laws vary by state, but we took the doctor for the max allowable by general and federal malpractice insurance in the state where she practices. If we would have tried to go for more, we would've had to involve other doctors as well.

Also, our lawyers were great. They still took their cut of course, but they waived their costs, which was something close to $40k iirc.

One day while crossing a farmers field near Eton Wick on the way to Windsor, me and my mates got menaced by a herd of very lively cows, I think its at that time of year when even dumb creatures who usually just stand there chewing and dribbling with glazed eyeballs (hmmm, rings a bell) just go mental. Which is very unnerving. Just imagine being attacked by a fucking savage rabbit!! (not sure what rabbits have to do with it)

These four legged beasts primed for the slaughter house went ape. In the end we had to escape across a farmers barbed wire fence, where just the otherside was a foul drainage ditch of which we had to get across to safety. As we ran towards this fence with our beastly foe, rampant in anger and closing in ferociously behind us, me being the stocky, clumsy one realised I had to get over or under this obstacle with a bit of guile and forward thinking. So I just prepared myself to rip my clothes to sheds as I got on my stomach and forced myself underneath the lowest rung of wire. Simon my friend in running shorts, however being the more athletic decided to hurdle the barbed wire fence which was more like a chaotic bundle and ripped his nutsack wide and clean open on a claw of barbed wire. Luckily the farmers wife sowed his bollocks together with a needle and thread, and kissed the sore pouch of skin better.

Beware the cows!!

damn

son.

also sorry Charles..

it’s odd how we think we know pretty much everything but diagnosing some basic stuff that’s happening inside a human body is still a major challenge..

had some experience with that as well, late 2012 got sick, just felt more and more miserable day after day, first I thought it’s just burnout / depression but the doc listened to my lungs & sent me to X-ray and there was a lot of fluid where it shouldn’t be (pleuritis). Next two weeks in the hospital they sucked out the liquid & just gave me antibiotics & general anti-inflammatory stuff, they simply had no clue what it could be, like maybe some cancer lol? it was scary as fuck & I felt very weak. then finally some tuberculosis test hit positive & they could give me the proper antibiotics & I could leave a few days liter.. physical condition improved quickly, but I didn’t take it very well mentally. Spent the next year out in the countryside at my parents place with little contact to anyone.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In a roundabout way I broke my right incus, malleus and stapes and I now have prosthetic versions that look a bit like an umbrella

Archived