IGNORED

Draft 730 : "Theme of a Sudden Roundabout"

Guest record_warper

Guest record_warper

Firstly, hi to everyone, I'm new.

Ok, I first got into Autechre years ago by downloading some of their tracks off kazaa or some rubbish prog like that, which subsequently got me into the entire genre of electronic music. However, one of the first tracks I downloaded was titled "Theme of a Sudden Roundabout", which I always thought was a strange track as it didn't really coincide with the rest of the music I had downloaded.

It wasn't until I bought my own copy of Draft 730 I realised that it had been mis-titled (the downloaded song). However, I do recall really liking the track regardless of it seeming out-of-place with the rest of the stuff I had got.

I was just wondering (more like hoping really), if anyone else had downloaded this track like me and found out later it wasn't correctly titled. More to the point, I was wondering if any knew the correct artist and title for the track so I could go about obtaining it again.

I know it's a long shot, the only way I can really describe the track is it being a really sad, melodic tune, with a slow heavy beat to it. Also, about 3/4 of the way in, it slows down and you hear a little girl say "My Dad's still inside...".

Cheers.

:aphexsign:

Guest record_warper
its by awepitynancy

Thanks for that! I did a thorough search of that artist though and could find nothing, is the spelling "awepitynancy" ?

Cheers!

its by awepitynancy

Thanks for that! I did a thorough search of that artist though and could find nothing, is the spelling "awepitynancy" ?

Cheers!

He's talking about a user here, awepittance, that released an alternate version of Untilted before it was released

Sorry, can't help you with the alternate Draft track, never heard it. Check That Other Site™'s autechre remix comp

You might find what you're looking for there

Were Awepittance's tracks any good? Because Untilted is like nothing I've ever heard and I can't see there being a comparison.

Archived