IGNORED

ERP - Exomoon

gated

Well, both vinyl editions appear to be sold out about 30 mins after this was released, so I don't know what to say. Check it out anyway.

https://fromvinylwithlove.com/product/exomoon-std/

https://fromvinylwithlove.com/product/exomoon-ce/

Sound samples are at those links.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

in related news, i just noticed there's a new ERP double-12 inch coming on Frustrated Funk:

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/erp-fr-014x/750848-01/

Seems to be a collection of previously released tracks, but welcome nonetheless.

Edited by gated

3 minutes ago, species8472 said:

exciting. no way it actually sold out. seems like it was never actually for sale. should pop up on redeye soon enough. 

Oh you reckon it's been pre-listed but not actually made available yet? It's so hard to tell with that site. I think they make pre-orders available to mailing list subscribers first too right?

Ok, I'm a sucker for anything Gerard puts out.  I'll buy the 2XLP once it hits Redeye.  

...but honestly, how bad does it hurt to put some digitals out there so people don't have to pirate your stuff??

Wasn’t the last release also vinyl only? I legitimately wonder what the marketing strategy is behind repeated vinyl-only releases. Sure you see them skyrocket on the secondary market but does the label or artist see any of that unless they’re just selling to themselves? I get occasionally doing one (see: Panda Bear’s Day with his Homies) even though I don’t like it, but to have back to back releases without at least providing digitals just seems like you’re actively alienating any audience you’re trying to cultivate.

Well he is kind of an underground legend in electro/techno circles and his music really speaks for itself. I doubt he cares much about cultivating a new audience....but it IS a shame more people don’t get to hear his tunes — especially in lossless quality vs a vinyl rip.

8 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

Wasn’t the last release also vinyl only? I legitimately wonder what the marketing strategy is behind repeated vinyl-only releases. Sure you see them skyrocket on the secondary market but does the label or artist see any of that unless they’re just selling to themselves? I get occasionally doing one (see: Panda Bear’s Day with his Homies) even though I don’t like it, but to have back to back releases without at least providing digitals just seems like you’re actively alienating any audience you’re trying to cultivate.

It is a bit strange (and annoying) isn't it? As I think I commented on the thread for Afterimage, I'd have listened to that album a *hell* of a lot more than I have so far if the vinyl had come with even an mp3 digital download. The Convextion releases eventually cropped up on the Mojuba Records Bandcamp page, so I'm puzzled as to why these haven't/possibly won't.