IGNORED

Recycled Plastics - Boredom Composed

Extralife

https://recycledplastics.bandcamp.com/album/boredom-composed

New compilation of tracks from the variety of aliases from resident polymath Brian Grainger aka Milieu/Coppice Halifax/Bike/etc. 

Lush beats, merry melodies, spacey drones...what's not to love?

(also a great starting point into a VERY deep back catalogue for those who haven't dipped in yet.)

20 hours ago, StephenG said:

This is a great label. 

Thank you Stephen! And thank you Mr. Life for the free promo!

This record is one I've wanted to make for years, and only now do I have enough (publicly divulged) aliases to carry it out.

20 hours ago, Extralife said:

It sure is. Check out Edith Keeler if you haven’t yet.

Haven't yet, thank you for the recommendation! 

48 minutes ago, Mellow U said:

Thank you Stephen! And thank you Mr. Life for the free promo!

This record is one I've wanted to make for years, and only now do I have enough (publicly divulged) aliases to carry it out.

Wow, ok two things - I didn't realize you were behind Recycled Plastics as a label. And I read the release description too quickly and didn't see that these are all your aliases!

You must never sleep! 

Placed my order. Is the title a reference to Boredoms Rebore by chance? (https://www.discogs.com/artist/32328-Boredoms)

20 minutes ago, StephenG said:

these are all your aliases!

Yes, and that isn't even all of the ones I use. This has to be some kind of mental condition...

I didn't realize you were behind Recycled Plastics

Most of the time. Sometimes, I'm even in front of it!

You must never sleep! 

I have other people to do that for me.

Placed my order.

Thank you very much! Order received!

21 minutes ago, StephenG said:

a reference to Boredoms Rebore by chance?

Unfortunately no, I've never heard of the thing you linked there. The long running BC## catalog at RP is a series called Bedroom Compost, indicating that the contents of the releases are a mixture of different variants/cultivars of bedroom-produced electronic music. So Boredom Composed is sort of a cheeky, self-deprecating satire of that, and maybe almost a homophone too?

Archived