IGNORED

Ministry, KMFDM, Front Line Assembly - Industrial Strength Tour 2020

Rubin Farr

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Ministry, KMFDM, Front Line Assembly - Industrial Strength Tour 2020
11 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

1989 you Luddite. ?

Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing (well, without the "Luddite" part) right after I posted, but felt it didn't warrant an edit.

Personally, I was too young to listen to Industrial in 1989, so 1991 is indeed where it started for me.

Oh shit that is a goooood Ministry album.  Come to Vancouver you fucks.  Victoria would be better, but I'm trying to be realistic.  I mean, FLA started in Vancouver, which is also home to Skinny Puppy.  it doesn't make any sense for them to not come to Vancouver.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:07 AM, IDEM said:

Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing (well, without the "Luddite" part) right after I posted, but felt it didn't warrant an edit.

Personally, I was too young to listen to Industrial in 1989, so 1991 is indeed where it started for me.

Actually I missed the Mind tour myself, but watched the VHS concert tape like a thousand times, and the cassette, lol.  I was lucky enough to see the Beers Steers & Queers tour the following Summer of 1990, which was one of the greatest industrial tours of the 90s IMO: Revolting Cocks (w/ Trent Reznor), Skatenigs, The Mentors, The Genitorturers, and Schnitt Acht.

Beers, Steers & Queers (on cassette tape) was the soundtrack to us breaking into our school building at night to smoke pot and then be too mellow to wreak havoc. Yeah, we were that rad. (I guess it's time-barred by now.)

Fond memories though, and the title track is deeply imbedded in my DNA. And it still kicks ass, I just checked.

"Well, I don't know what this cock thing is [...] I think it's a ... a male strip show, dance show ... male strippers?" ?

I never figured out if it was

KEIN MITLEID FÜR DIE MEHRHEIT or KEINE MEHRHEIT FÜR DAS MITLEID.

Edit: Ah, according to Wikipedia it's KEIN MEHRHEIT FÜR DIE MITLEID, lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived