IGNORED

Patricia - Maxyboy

d-a-m-o

tasty first track!  i really dig and keep coming back to his latest 2 eps (heavy merging and free lunch) so excited to get more.

i also got psyched when sean played a couple patricia tracks on the recent mixlr dj spree, i think they were all from hsi last album several shades of the same color

• Like 1

nice! ?

only had body issues until now. hehe missed a couple of other releases, i notice. so i'm currently busy throwing money at my computer screen.

Track sounds promising! Hope the rest is equally good.

His next release should be called money issues... ;D

Edited by goDel

• 2 months later...
On 4/25/2020 at 2:22 PM, species8472 said:

this post made me go back and listen to several shades of the same colour. enjoying it immensely now. 

Is that worth a listen? Patricia sorta dropped of the radar for me, but I just picked this up. It's perfect heatwave weather music. First run through and I'm liking this more than first  tow releases on Opal Tape, and they were fantastic. 

6 hours ago, bodywithoutorgans said:

Is that worth a listen? Patricia sorta dropped of the radar for me, but I just picked this up. It's perfect heatwave weather music. First run through and I'm liking this more than first  tow releases on Opal Tape, and they were fantastic. 

my take was that as an album Several Shades could have used a bit of trimming, but it makes sense that it was originally released on 3 separate lp's.  i really love a few tracks off that one.  i'd also rec the eps he put out from '17-19

On 6/27/2020 at 4:31 AM, markedone said:

my take was that as an album Several Shades could have used a bit of trimming, but it makes sense that it was originally released on 3 separate lp's.  i really love a few tracks off that one.  i'd also rec the eps he put out from '17-19

Cheers. I had a quick listen of Several Shades today, just picked it up. What I perceived as a jump from the Opal Tapes releases to Maxyboy makes a lot more sense now. Will check out the EPs too, not sure why I slept on all this stuff for so long. 

Just listened to it...nice album!! Good variety, like the sounds, seems to be lot of attention to detail...favorite track would be Dripping, like the danciness of it...didn't know Patricia before, but all in all nice album ?

• Like 1

I think this album is great. I’ve been missing albums that are consistent and interesting and good to play through. Yo  this one satisfies me a lot. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

agreed, very good stuff. get sorta SAW1 vibes in a way...not too much in the actual sound but more feels like an iconic sorta album in the same way as SAW1 maybe? or maybe it could be. idk. great album no matter

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, markedone said:

'maxy' played live at this event/tribute to mort garson.  looks like the location and weather were just about perfect for listening to synthesizers..

i really love piece#2

Thx you for sharing this. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, markedone said:

'maxy' played live at this event/tribute to mort garson.  looks like the location and weather were just about perfect for listening to synthesizers..

i really love piece#2

I need to rip this video into an album.. will probably do that later..  I just gave it another listen today, and the pitch bendy tuning stuff going on in Piece 5 is sublime

• 1 month later...

this new one is really good. on my second listen since Friday, lots of great stuff in here.

Aphex fans should be lining up at this shit, don’t know why y’all ain’t. very old-school Aphex vibes in all the best ways without being bullshit derivative wannabe crap. 

22 minutes ago, auxien said:

this new one is really good. on my second listen since Friday, lots of great stuff in here.

Aphex fans should be lining up at this shit, don’t know why y’all ain’t. very old-school Aphex vibes in all the best ways without being bullshit derivative wannabe crap. 

Dude is hugely underrated.

• Like 1