IGNORED

Sunn O))) are the greatest band of all time

realthanks

Flight of the Behemoth was the first of theirs I ever heard, so it has a special place in my heart. My favourite albums of theirs would be Altar, Monoliths & Dimensions, Oracle, Dømkirke, and Black One

Just now, beerwolf said:

Should revisit Monoliths & Dimensions as it never clicked with me.

It's the second and fourth tracks that stick out to me on that one. The former due to the lovely choral work and the latter because of the hopefulness in it along with the (at the very end) recognizable guitar tone of Dylan Carlson. Though that may be meaningless to you if you aren't also a fan of Earth, the biggest important early influence on Sunn O)))

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, splesh said:

It's the second and fourth tracks that stick out to me on that one. The former due to the lovely choral work and the latter because of the hopefulness in it along with the (at the very end) recognizable guitar tone of Dylan Carlson. Though that may be meaningless to you if you aren't also a fan of Earth, the biggest important early influence on Sunn O)))

It's not meaningless at all

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 8:11 PM, splesh said:

I see what you mean about 4th track Alice, and the band Earth. 

That track sounds like something out of a Western. Like a funeral procession in the desert. Good tune.

I decided to play Monoliths And Dimensions back to front, sometimes if revisiting an album that I've never grooved with I won't play it in sequence as it's easy to fall into that mindset of 'here we go again, not into this' after the first 10 minutes.

It's definitely a brave album but this album is not in the same league as Altar. 

Edited by beerwolf

• 2 months later...