IGNORED

The New Step Sequencer in Logic 10.5

BCM

it's a nice update. the drum designer is pretty cool too. can load plug ins on each note.. choose notes for layered sounds etc. 

glad it's not catalina only! 10.14.6 required. 

stoked. it fixes/answers a bunch of things people want/need but there's till some bugs they haven't fixed. there's a zoom bug that fuxors things in relation to the playahead that's still there. 

overall great stuff though. pretty massive list of updates/additions for free! 

interesting bit is that they've removed the step editor (aka hyper editor) from the main editor panes though you can still get to it as a new window. hyper editor has been one of my favorite parts of logic for a long time but maybe the step sequencer is good enough to replace it. havent had time to really look at it yet. I always wished the hyper editor had easy editing of automation values, though you can still do it via fader messages but its a chore. it looks like the step sequencer can do automation easily so that is dope.

drum designer is also awesome. one of my favorite bits in ableton was being able to load plugins into the drum racks. given that logic can do that and now do session clip type things and has super solid midi support and destructive editing makes me glad i switched back from ableton a few years ago!

every time there's an update I hope there are fixes to rewire timing issues i've encountered with logic + max/msp. havent had time to check yet but fingers crossed.

Yeah, this all seems pretty fucking cool. I updated last night on my laptop and had a lot of fun with their version of Ableton's Simpler.

I'm worried about updating my studio computer though. I'm on a Mac Pro (the trash can) and after I updated to Mojave there have been some weird hiccups in Logic. Whenever I want to drag and copy a region it'll freeze for a couple of seconds and then place the audio region somewhere completely random.
I wonder if it's just my computer or a bug in Logic?

I'm on Catalina on a mid 2018 iMac, I do get the occasional audio spasm where everything will drop out for like a millisecond then come back, but then the timing is off and I have to stop and start again. But this happened with Mojave as well, was actually hoping Catalina would fix it.

Think it might be my soundcard... it is Behringer lol. Might invest in an SSL2+.

24 minutes ago, BCM said:

I'm on Catalina on a mid 2018 iMac, I do get the occasional audio spasm where everything will drop out for like a millisecond then come back, but then the timing is off and I have to stop and start again. But this happened with Mojave as well, was actually hoping Catalina would fix it.

Think it might be my soundcard... it is Behringer lol. Might invest in an SSL2+.

Damn, I've never heard of that problem before. That fucking sucks. Does the iMac 2018 have the T2 processor? That's what is in my laptop and it has caused nothing but problems for me.
I recently bought the Focusrite 18i20 as it was the cheapest way for me to get 5.1 in my studio, but I have yet to use it because I fucking hate rewiring my things.

Omg... that remix plugin... jesus christ it's terrible haha

1 hour ago, TheBro said:

Ooo not bad. Pretty cheap.

Especially for what you get. You can do so much stuff with just the factory plugins.

It used to be really expensive. Like $1,000. But they've done a good job at keeping it affordable since ~2010.

This EP was made from just factory plugins in Logic 8. My roommate was good enough to lend me his computer, but not all of my plugins could get installed.

Archived