IGNORED

Perry Farrell - New SPIN Interview

Joyrex

Interview was remarkably coherent. He does say, however, that he’s still improving as a singer and YouTube is full of concert footage of him from the past ten years that makes that out to be a lie.

Just now, rhmilo said:

Interview was remarkably coherent. He does say, however, that he’s still improving as a singer and YouTube is full of concert footage of him from the past ten years that makes that out to be a lie.

Not a fan I take it?

Just now, Joyrex said:

Not a fan I take it?

Are you kidding? I love Jane’s and the second PFP album.

But you’ve got to admit he can be quite flaky in interviews. And that his singing at recent concerts was ... not good.

I dunno - he sounds pretty good here with Pearl Jam in 2018 for his birthday (starts singing around 2:20):

8 minutes ago, hijexx said:

He tried out a DJ career for a bit I think. Maybe still does?

Trent Reznor is 55 and Hank Rollins is pushing 60.

I know! Tront will be an old man (still looks pretty good; the 'roids are finally wearing off, LOL) - I watched a video of him and Bowie singing Hurt together and he was skinny little thing back in NIN's heyday...

9 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I dunno - he sounds pretty good here with Pearl Jam in 2018 for his birthday (starts singing around 2:20):

Indeed. There’s much worse out there. At least he holds the tune here. But his voice  sounds weak here also. Also, in this clip he *definitely* looks like a man of nearly 60. With tons of plastic surgery.

7 hours ago, auxien said:

+1

+1

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this footage of Dave Navarro's cover band with the singer from Linkin Park doing Mountain Song.

Sounds more like Perry Farrell than Farrell himself. And better.

Archived