IGNORED

Bonobo x TEED - Heartbreak

Hugh Mughnus

"Heartbreak’ sees Simon Green, aka Bonobo team up with fellow producer Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs to deliver a dancefloor-driven 12” that builds on some of the foundations of electronic music, tracing a line from 1980’s NYC through to the warehouse parties of today. Lead single “Heartbreak” is a breakbeat-driven ode to one of electronic music’s formative scenes: NYC’s disco revolution of the 1970’s & 80’s. Sampling Christine Wiltshire’s iconic vocal line “I can’t take the heartbreak” from the ‘83 disco anthem “Weekend” by Class Action. 12" includes card Insert with liner notes from Tim Lawrence on the “Weekend” Sample (Tim Lawrence is author of “Life and Death on the New York Dancefloor: 1980-83”)"

Huge late 90's early 2000s vibes, I absolutely love this first track. Big throwback to my post jungle years as a little kiddo. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

great track! definitely the sort of thing I would be dancing to at a club. that is, if I still went to clubs. now it'd just be me, a bottle of something, and dancing around the living room drunk and alone...sad lol

• Like 2

Just now, thumbass said:

Usually find bonobo bland AF. This track is pretty nice though

I don’t know much of TEEDs work but a casual listen yesterday to a couple tracks I found them kinda generic club music, not too special (on first listen). 

but this collab track is just fun.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2020 at 2:16 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

I don’t know much of TEEDs work but a casual listen yesterday to a couple tracks I found them kinda generic club music, not too special (on first listen). 

but this collab track is just fun.

Nah that dude is legit. I’m basing all of that assessment on this one track btw. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, jules said:

dig that. I saw Bonobo a few years ago and he put on a killer show. This is a nice turn for him for sure. Thanks for posting it.

Saw him live I think it was back in 2017 or 2018 - live vocalist and drummer etc (I don't recall the tour name). I think it was one of our favorite live shows!

?

• Like 1