IGNORED

amstedizzle

Guest A/D

hey dudes, i feel like there have been a million threads on this but i can't find any in search. i'm in amsterdam for a few days, anything essential i should do? i mean, i know you can "smoke drugs" and check out legalized ladies here, but beyond that.

i saw there's a dubstep night and a dnb night on friday, might go check one of those out. at 20 eur i feel like i might have as much fun with my ipod, but maybe i'm missing the point.

if anyone lives here, i'd love to buy you a pint of something that isn't heineken!

love to one and all.

buy dope funk/soul/jazz records from my pals at waxwell

http://www.waxwell.com/Waxwell_Records_-_Vinyl_%28Platen%29.html

get a therapeutic chinese massage in chinatown

visit the Van Gogh museum

vist the anne franke house

rent a bike take mushrooms and pedal aimlessly all over town and have yore mind blown by the city's feng shui/architecture

take a non tourist canal tour with the cool kids from boom chicago in a small boat

go to an indonesian restaurant and get a 5 course table feast meal

hit the flea markets for more cheap vinyl

buy some tulip bulbs for your mum

buy kif at the grey zone

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Grey.html

buy organic weed with no chemicals at the "anytime cafe"

visit the rijksmuseum

visit the north amsterdam museum of modern art

there's an amazing english secondhand bookshop near waterlooplein

stay away from warmoestraat

thanks doods! jonas, you are the first non-douchebag to suggest rotterdam, so i will honestly consider it.

can't wait to impress everyone with my dubstep dance moves WOW WOW WOW BZZZT

rotterdam is cool but if its his first trip and he only has 2 days why would he want to spend all that time on the train?

go to tilburg for the real deal ugh

i lived in tilburg for the best part of a year!

cool town. full of english/irish drug addicts though.

013 is an excellent venue. hosts the roadburn festival... stoner rock/doom metal etc

Guest the anonymous forumite

Buy Shrooms (illegaly), then go the Planetarium (in the Zoo).

Avoid Dutch Food.

Don't go to the Sex Museums.

let us know how the new anti-tourist mentality over there is. i actually think it makes perfect sense, though. they don't want to be seen as the international drug zone, which will make it more possible to legally smoke in other countries, i would think?

there's a trendy bar/restaurant with huge white beds that you can slob out on with your friends, eating expensive food and drinking expensive drinks and smoking joints. can't remember what it's called though sorry.

there's a whore with no legs in the red light. defo check that out!

buy dope funk/soul/jazz records from my pals at waxwell

http://www.waxwell.com/Waxwell_Records_-_Vinyl_%28Platen%29.html

get a therapeutic chinese massage in chinatown

visit the Van Gogh museum

vist the anne franke house

rent a bike take mushrooms and pedal aimlessly all over town and have yore mind blown by the city's feng shui/architecture

take a non tourist canal tour with the cool kids from boom chicago in a small boat

go to an indonesian restaurant and get a 5 course table feast meal

hit the flea markets for more cheap vinyl

buy some tulip bulbs for your mum

buy kif at the grey zone

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Grey.html

buy organic weed with no chemicals at the "anytime cafe"

there's a trendy bar/restaurant with huge white beds that you can slob out on with your friends, eating expensive food and drinking expensive drinks and smoking joints. can't remember what it's called though sorry.

http://www.supperclub.com/html/amsterdam/

maybe

that's the one. my mate whitied and spewed purple barf all over one of those pristine white beds. it matched the UV lighting perfectly.

Guest MortstoX

Go to the photo museum, and then to Melkweg to see norwegian techno stars Ost&Kjex!

And the red light district of course...

• 3 years later...

can't find the most recent amsterdam thread so will bummp this one.

heading there next weekend with work for 5 days. landing on the sat and a few colleagues (cool kids) are on about trouw. any good? heard it is. when should we time it, what to wear? drugzz??

also - any tips other than the above for what i should do in the day rather than sitting in a conference?

Trouw is a great temporary location in an old newspaper 'factory' and will close in januari 2015, so definitely check it out. Actually, I'm there right now waiting for a Legowelt gig ^_^ check it out if they have some interesting names the days you're there. I can give you some more info / tips later if you want. Otherwise PM me :)

Trouw is a great temporary location in an old newspaper 'factory' and will close in januari 2015, so definitely check it out. Actually, I'm there right now waiting for a Legowelt gig ^_^ check it out if they have some interesting names the days you're there. I can give you some more info / tips later if you want. Otherwise PM me :)

nice one cheers buddy. enjoy the gig!

Archived