IGNORED

Renoise - how to

Hugh Mughnus

Hey I didn't see a dedicated renoise thread or anything. Mods please merge if there is one....

Does anyone know of any good renoise: how to... type videos or material?

Long time user of reason and ableton here, I'd like to learn how to use renoise for beat programming...

Any suggestions? Where to start with renoise?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me neither, sorry, but there is a Renoise forum which might be a better place to ask?

I couldn't find one.. Sorry I'm still a newb at navigating on WATMM...

I tried the search function and found nothing specific for Renoise.... I'll try again

Me neither, sorry, but there is a Renoise forum which might be a better place to ask?

I couldn't find one.. Sorry I'm still a newb at navigating on WATMM...

I think he meant the actual Renoise forum rather than a sub-forum on WATMM - http://www.renoise.com/board/

oh, makes sense. facepalm...

I'll check it out. U can delete this thread if you want.

I finally got the 2.8 beta btw. Is it my imagination or does it seem like everything has a higher refresh/fps rate? Everything seemed smoother visually.

Also the new spectrum is so awesome, seeing how a kick fits into an overall mix instantly - love it.

Despite my iMac at home being 10x more powerful then my Windows box, Renoise always ran silky smooth on my Windows machine, and graphically it would chug on my iMac. However with this 64 bit beta, it seems like it jumped from 20fps to 100fps on my machine.

well one thing is certain, if I don't framelimit renoise to 100fps it takes quite a bit of CPU considering it's just sitting there idle.. I'm checking it here on my quad core cpu and all of the CPU's are involved.

Yeah both my copies are locked to 60 fps. Either way, I'm just happy this new 64 bit version fixes that.

Did anyone see the massive style performer plugin built into Renoise?

I think i'm going to make a full transition into Renoise. Before I was using it for like 50% of my productions, I think I'm just going to abandon Ableton for good.

Did anyone see the massive style performer plugin built into Renoise?

Hmmmmm?

http://forum.renoise...l-28-automasher

Sorry for making this thread linger, I just like talking about renoise

woooo I've been thinking about something like that several times before and a guy thought about it as well and simply made it :)

thank you internet,

thank you acid1

now I want that for Reaper

Picked up version 3 of that plugin just a bit ago.

I love it when things I'm following on the Renoise forum get mentioned on watmm. :P

Whoa there's a ‘make beautiful automation curves just like Autechre did to fool Future Music’ plugin for Renoise now? Excellent. I need to re-up my license I think…

Can I just say - holy fucking shit. I looooove the newest version of renoise. I got stuck on a plane today with. 5 hours to explore it and fuck that shit is amazing.

Can I just say - holy fucking shit. I looooove the newest version of renoise. I got stuck on a plane today with. 5 hours to explore it and fuck that shit is amazing.

What he said... not the plane part.

Archived