IGNORED

the tuss - mug bass 12 09 06

guidewire

Yes, it's by me, Aphex Twin / Da Fuss? . I made this.

thank you all for your psychic energies and continued obsessions with me.

it helps keep me alive. I was 109 this year.

Ta.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, quality is part of my forensic analysis, but then again RDJ might be making bad music when nobody's listening.

I simply refuse to believe that though.

He probably has ten shitty tracks for every decent one he has released.

Well, quality is part of my forensic analysis, but then again RDJ might be making bad music when nobody's listening.

Are you saying you've never disliked an RDJ track?

That must be the case, otherwise my hair is a bird and your argument is invalid.

Guest HokusPoker

Are you saying you've never disliked an RDJ track?

That must be the case, otherwise my hair is a bird and your argument is invalid.

Well, obviously my 'argument' of saying it isn't him because I don't like the track wasn't entirely serious.

That being said, there are very few tracks he released in the last decade I would consider superfluous (doesn't mean I like them all) which is what I think of this Tuss track, but then again, I've listened to it only twice.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LUDD" data-cid="1921594" data-time="1356144869"><p>

don't know about t his mug bass track, but i'm pretty sure this is aphex <br />

<br />

[youtubehd]7gkPu5mNnwY[/youtubehd]</p></blockquote>

No

Ugh. Wtf is up with watmm mobile quotes ???

I would have dismissed it as a fake if I had just listened to the first few seconds with that horrible noodly, echoey melody, but the beats do sound like (uninspired) RDJ. But something's off about the composition, it's pretty cheesy. Could it be a collaboration with a friend?

It's interesting how much work went into it still, even though the track is far from being a keeper. Maybe he's just got a good stack of developped tools, effects and presets and can just apply them without too much effort.

I wonder how much confirmation bias is at work here.

In other words, if this was slipped into an Analord playlist and presented as RDJ I wonder how many people would immediately jump to their feet and with an Elizabethan hand gesture declare "Imposter!"

I wonder how much confirmation bias is at work here.

In other words, if this was slipped into an Analord playlist and presented as RDJ I wonder how many people would immediately jump to their feet and with an Elizabethan hand gesture declare "Imposter!"

It'd just be another of those bad and forgettable afx tracks. It's not like he consistently makes great tunes.

• 6 months later...
Guest skibby

we believes it's an early version of the manchester track. same scale, same notes, same instrumentation give or take a note transposition here and there.

there are less "aphexisms" because those are the secret spice combination that people are comfortable with consuming, cause consumers want whats on the label really. that's just branding.

it only takes a music producer in a daw moments to evolve a track from mug bass to manchester, if you have the mideez.

is mug bass real? no. what is 'real' neo?

but it was made by the toke. i mean the tuss bloke.

Guest Retrig

Ace track. Better than most Tuss fakes. RDJ or Jodey?. Thanks for sharing.
Edit: Better than all Tuss fakes I've heard, which were mostly unconvincing.

for some reason that detuned synth thingy at 2:28 makes it a possibility to me

and yeah those claps are like a beta version of fredulogon claps

that OOWOUP at 1:56 and also whatever is happening reverb sounds at 0:47 are pretty convincing, aphex does some pretty distinctive reverb even on like RDJ album

the title sounds like some random internet dork named it and not aphex tho lol because coffee and lol

basically uh 'polish' doesn't make or break it to me more subtle things with the tuning and the presence of the reverb are really distinctive. Some of the sounds are also quite dark even the cliche james brown? sample does something weird with modulation or something and isn't really distracting as it should be. Oh so about the darkness of the sounds regardless of how difficult they are to produce they seem outside of a fan's "comfort zone" or something like a lot of his songs I get worried it was written with some horrible intent/thought process while some fan is going to be like a Gears of War player/watches zombie movies made in 2013 so already their idea of dark and scary is incredibly weak and tasteless

could be someone else like monolith using 'stock' afx sounds though. I don't listen to other rephlex people so much

so yeah I like it even though it's kind of like HERE'S AN IDEA series of ideas

Guest skibby

for educational purposes, a copy has been found, not sure of the quality:

https://mega.co.nz/#!QM1S2TpC!AQBythrd817ONsl4w2wAZlSTNbdGZeWuufBSKM1PLRA

to the best of my knowledge, no human has claimed this, but if anybody gets an angina attack, i'm fine with this post being deleted by the moderator. plus, if someone rages from this file being posted, it might be a clue to the file's authenticity.

now we wait.

Archived