IGNORED

i will give my MS-10 to the first muhfukka who comes & gets it

Cryptowen

I am offering up one Korg MS-10 Analogue synthesizer (plus patch cables) to the first person who is willing to come to my apartment in Montreal and get it. The synth is in perfect working order & I've gotten many a delightful sound out of it. And now you can get delightful sounds out of it 4 freeeee

but there be a catch

I may at some point in time call upon you to make use of the synthesizer for my personal gain. I might email you up, all like "jimmy, I need you to send me a 16 second .wav of a clean square doing a C-Maj arpeggio at 180bpm" or "jimmy, i need you to send me a 32bit mp3 of various wobble blips with slight pink noise" or "jimmy i need you to take a photo of the ms-10 wearing a fancy hat"

That's the deal. You'd be official curator of the sints, happy to oblige my semi-quarterly desire for fresh analog samples.

sooo, let's do it up then?

why are you doing this, op?=

A. because I want to live entirely out of a backpack for reasons

B. I only ever use the thing for raw sampling purposes, and end up computering the heck out of anything I record. Figure if a proper studio musician type gets ahold of it they could make some real cool sounds (and occasionally hook rich uncle skeletowen up with some of 'em gnome sayin)

People should do a pilgrimage up or across to Montreal to get it, like something out of a 70's mad dash road movie. I can hear the chicken licken corn picking soundtrack now. yeehaw, first to montreal gets the MS-10.

round-a-bout way of saying come visit, you lonely crypt? aww.

well i was hoping to get some friends over to harvest their organs have a respectable discussion about the nature of electronic music BUT YOU HAD TO GO SPOIL IT DIDNTYA

nah actually i just can't be arsed to ship it anywhere. but if i suppose if one of you international types was really jonesing & willing to pay shipping I could prolly hook you up

If you were arsed to ship it how much would you do it for (in other words, on top of the actual shipping price).

depends on the country, i reckon. would want to ship it decent class to avoid damage

butttt at the moment somebody's tentatively spoken for it! If he can't take it for whatever reason (ears fall off, spontaneously combusts, etc) I'll open it up to the next person on the list

I could drive up saturday, crypto. lemme know.

DerWaschbar has a dude coming for it tomorrow morning, lookin pretty solid now. but again in the off-chance that were to fall through it'd be a battle to the death between you and GMan

will give the final verdict at noon tomorrow but for now it's lookin like SHE GONE

You're a good dude Owen. If you're ever backpacking in my vicinity and need a crash pad pm me. You will also get a creepy thrill from seeing some of your artwork framed in my house.

Yeah I lucked out, my friend who is moving up to Yukon in a month goes right by Cryptowens place on his way to school and was easy to get a hold of when this was posted. I will put it to good use! Thanks Crypt!

Yeah I lucked out, my friend who is moving up to Yukon in a month goes right by Cryptowens place on his way to school and was easy to get a hold of when this was posted. I will put it to good use! Thanks Crypt!

Just promise the rest of us that it won't sit in a closet. :boc:

That is the tragedy of gear: all the best instruments are either behind glass as collector show-pieces or stuffed in the closet next to the hamper because the owner 'grew up' and lost the faith.

Archived