IGNORED

Severed Heads

Hi Guys

I can never get enough of Dead Eyes Opened, which is on Since The Accident apparently. Always found the rest of their stuff rather hard to get into but I'm still tempted to give it another shot.

meant to give them more time during my Skinny Puppy listening bender a few years back, never got round to it.

They're one of those bands who I like the concept of more than the music, unfortunately. I really appreciate the innovation that went into their recordings, but can't seem to get into them from simply a 'music listener' perspective.. if that makes any sense?

I always got Severed Heads mixed up with Tackhead.

holy shit really? not to say that Tackhead sucks or anything, they are a unique band but Severed Heads man, get on that right away seriously

I feel like he probably inspired a lot of the IDM that watmm loves, Aphex included. His music for the most part has always been more playful and silly than the other industrial bands he's associated with, sometimes his tracks sound more like Raymond Scott or his later stuff like Erasure than anything even remotely close to Skinny Puppy.

just FYI Tom Ellard of Severed Heads has almost everything he's ever done on bandcamp (including these reissues)

this is one of my favorites from a Vinyl on Demand boxset

http://severedheads.bandcamp.com/album/adenoids-discs-12

being a Cluster fan Modey you might dig some of his stuff like this track

http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=3890739141/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/artwork=small/track=3000998365/transparent=true/

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My best friend's been getting me into them and I've always loved Skinny Puppy, TG, Chris and Cosey et al. This is a cool video he sent me:

[youtubehd]MX0goKMpB4Y[/youtubehd]

Safest of thread bumps

Ridiculous high quality of releases in an immense catalog, to these ears they seemed closer to Cabaret Voltaire at times. Surely 1 of Australia's finest & virtually invented House with Chris & Cosey

Where do you even begin for favourite tracks? Petrol, Always Randy, We Have Come to Bless This House, In Her Hair, All Saints Day but the ace in the pack is Russian Rifles:

https://severedheads.bandcamp.com/track/russian-rifles

• 2 weeks later...

So I only just listened to Since the Accident and City Slab Horror in the last few weeks for the first time and holy shit this is brilliant. Very reminiscent of pre-Dare! Human League material to me. Plenty of love for this stuff.

Archived