IGNORED

CHATMM Volume 12 announcement and discussion thread

Friendly Foil

Making a thread like this turned out quite well with the last one, so let's try again.

The theme for volume 12 will be: Space Age Bachelor Pad Music. What this sounds like will, as always, be up to the people submitting tracks but (I think) hello spiral and others had some alright examples. pls post them in here spiral, pls. Also, if anyone can dig up some cool pictures/videos for everyone to draw inspiration from, feel free to post them in here.

Deadline for this one is september 6. Please post in here if you're interested and I'll send you a PM with all the super exciting details.

:flower:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, originally the suggestion was easy listening/exotica. Quite a few people didn't know what that was so my summing up was: Fake world music from the 50's and 60's to play in your space age bachelor pad.

The two artists I know best are Martin Denny and Les Baxter:

I'm sure there are other watmmers out there that have other and possibly better examples *looks at Nebraska*

can we do the sega save bending thing eventually pls

Dunno at this point dude. It's a pretty narrow theme, requiring people to do a pretty specific thing. I can tell you that the theme for Vol. 13 has already (kind of) been decided. Maybe in the future, but... yeah. Sorry.

Nice.

When you search for space age bachelor pad on google, stuff like these show up:

space.jpg

space-age-bachelor-pad.jpg

these pics looks fantastic! the theme is very 'sweet' but music sounds boring as hell tbh imho iirc flol bbc cnn

Nice.

When you search for space age bachelor pad on google, stuff like these show up:

space.jpg

space-age-bachelor-pad.jpg

these pics looks fantastic! the theme is very 'sweet' but music sounds boring as hell tbh imho iirc flol bbc cnn

That's why we're here to spice it up.

I fucking love that era of music. When I was in college, some friends and I would sit around on Friday nights, listening to a bachelor pad radio station, drinking cocktails. Just ignoring how absurd our behavior was.

http://youtu.be/Q1ouvjnKAHQ

http://youtu.be/BX_Q2tl6Fn4

So anyway, I'm down. I've actually already done a track or two where I cut up some space age jazz.

Archived