IGNORED

Atoms Vectors Pixels Ghosts (jazz ?)

mcbpete

Apologies if this is a big ol' Jazz cake (tDr have just posted about it though apparently it's been on Vimeo for 2 years) but -

https://vimeo.com/41905073

"The official launch of the Atoms Vectors Pixels Ghosts™ project was a Saturday night blink and it’s gone ‘eyes only’ installation at S1 Artspace’s Lovebytes After Party. The 7m diameter morse coded projections flooded the gallery with fluid dissolves of around 100 AVPG™ pieces, 72 Oversteps circles and Ian Anderson’s Helloisotmeurlookin4, all sound-tracked by bespoke Autechre structures originally composed / compiled for TDR™’s 2011 GGG Tokyo Retrospective."

EDIT - Looks like I cant embed, sorry 'bout that - click the big ol' blue button above !

Guest bitroast

for what its worth...

https://www.facebook.com/events/413770338638715/

Ian Anderson / The Designers Republic™'s new ATOMS VECTORS PIXELS GHOSTS™ project is launched with a blitzkrieg show on home territory at S1 Artspace in Sheffield, launching at the Lovebytes Festival After Party in the S1 Reading Room Sat. 24. March (9.30pm — late / £2 on door) and showing Mon. 26. — Weds. 28. March (1...2.00 — 6.00pm / Free. For The People).

Expect Flashing Lights. Popular Culture. Alcohol*. Loud Music. Inappropriate Behaviour. True Stories.
You are invited. Everyone welcome.
*Launch Party only.

The show will be filmed for the in progress TDR™ film documentary, and features the large scale projections of Atoms Vectors Pixels Ghosts™ (Premix), Why To How To Draw A Perfect Circle (Morse) based on work inspired and used for Autechre's Oversteps album on Warp, Helloisitmeurlookin4 (Binary) and texts from Be Careful What You Wish For (The Twelve Signs of Life & Death).

There will be TDR™ / Peoples Bureau For Consumer Information stuff to buy including t-shirts from the Aim Low + M_ss™ and Call Down The Thunder™ ranges.

Never would have guessed it's Ae by the sounds of it. I better forget what i heard, honestly. It's done.

Strangely re-listenings to the previous stuff never gave me anything substantially new, no turnarounds.

ru sirius?!

Yes, that's my home. I like most of it, but not a single change of heart or notice of a new detail, nothing. Contrary to the trademark scenario. I didn't grow negative towards something initially likable either, which is a typical scenario for me with other musics.

I do not listen to ae if there is nothing freshly released from them. Strangely re-listenings to the previous stuff never gave me anything substantially new, no turnarounds. On my computer i even deleted everything up until Confield recently.

Selective photographic memories will soon make the storage of musics redundant for all of us. Re-Listening is overrated anyway... or so it seems.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

very cool indeed. thx for posting!

never heard of this at all...

i think it's the audio from the vid?! tbh i didn't think that was a track at all but rather a compilation of different cuts from the installation (and respective audio).

Archived