IGNORED

the current state of the GX-1

Guest skibby

I read in an interview that RDJ's Yamaha GX1 is undergoing midi-fication.

Is the GX1 still one of Aphex's prized possessions, and after it gets midi-fied, does anyone think we can expect to hear some gnarly jams out of it? Will there be a sequel to the GX1 solo perhaps on Computer Controlled Acoutsic Instruments Part 1?

RDJ said that he gave it to the Sequentix dude. It was unclear whether it was as a gift, or if it was just to get it MIDI'd.

He said it was for him to make some kind of software for it.

More importantly, the state of my GX-1 is, I recently took it apart with various hammers and recorded the noise. Starting a new (and very limited) genre: fucking up GX-1's. Noise track coming up soon for your bleeding ears. Protect your gx! Cuz I'm comin w/ hammers and a mic :))

didn't rich mention grant gave him a ride? he probably needed a big van at the least to transport this bad boy. (a bus should pay off considering all the gear he has laying around.. or a camping van! :boc: )

Sounds like he's just getting colin to make a "GX-2" that can midi in/out so the GX isn't lost forever. Good on him yeah? And actually kind of nice to lend your 50k synth to someone to make more so many peeps can experience it.

Is the GX1 still one of Aphex's prized possessions, and after it gets midi-fied, does anyone think we can expect to hear some gnarly jams out of it? Will there be a sequel to the GX1 solo perhaps on Computer Controlled Acoutsic Instruments Part 1?

according to richard, CCAI Part 1 = drukqs, so no.

GX1, acoustic?

GX1, acoustic?

double no

GX1_scr1.jpg

Nice!!

Was always under the impression that the GX-1 was basically a load of CS80s in one box. Obviously shouldn't read too much into the interface, but would suggest that there are a number of differences in architecture. Level controls for waveforms, polarity switch for the filter envelope too. Also looks like the sine is mixed before filtering, while afaik the CS80 mixes it in after the filtering stage..

Does it still have the ring-mod and chorus/trem like the cs80?

Ufff would love to have a go one the real thing, especially with those massive speakers!

Archived