IGNORED

Deep Sea Creatures by Various Artists

Fred McGriff

I want to thank first of all everyone who submitted tracks, it has been a fun few months hearing peoples' tributes to deep sea creatures and I really appreciated every last one of them. Secondly I want to thank the judges for taking the time to go over the tracks and offering their input and sound opinions. After painful deliberation we've arrived at the final tracklisting and are very confident the album will do the DSC proper justice and ball completely out of control (with poise). Thirdly, many thanks to those who are helping me with behind the scenes album art and ecommerce/web design, and finally, thanks to my partner for pitching in half the cash to make this happen. You all know who you are. So here are the tracks we've selected, ordered by how they will appear on the album.

01. Zephyr Nova - We are the Crab People

02. Newmans - Alvin Submersible

03. Adjective - Don Walsh & Jacques Piccard

04. Between Cathedrals - Submersion

05. Asymmetrical Head - Bear Trap in the Ocean Excerpt 5

06. Braintree - Balling Somewhat in Control

07. Lol Alzado - Benthophelagic Waltz

08. Lucid Rhythms - Aquazone 5

09. Beak - Sea Pen Meets Angler Fish

10. Transient - Fear of the Dark Depths

11. Angent Nerve - Anchor in the Dark

12. Beneboi - Hagfigh

13. Awkward - Dead Deep Sea Creature Removal Service

Congrats to those of you who were selected--the competition was tough indeed so it was no small feat. I will now need your master files (wav or aiff or whatever else is the original highest quality recording). Also most of these are your screenames, so let me know your exact artist name and track title. I will be contacting you individually as well.

For those of you who were not selected, I release your tracks back to you with my most sincere thanks. Feel free to post them in YLC and once I get a site up I would like to host them for download as a companion to the disc after the album is released.

This album (title subject to change) is going to be the first release under the label Futonic Records. We'll be taking pre orders very soon.

Cheers

Fred

edited for proper artists names/album name/ track names

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adjective

firstly,

sweet!

secondly,

so you want like the 48khz / 24 bit version of the track then? (or whatever it was rendered as originally)

will there be some post-production by a third party before this hits the CD that will require us to leave headroom in the mixes we send?

(do you want it un-brickwalled, so that someone else has room to work some black magic?)

will there be some post-production by a third party before this hits the CD that will require us to leave headroom in the mixes we send?

(do you want it un-brickwalled, so that someone else has room to work some black magic?)

i was about to ask that.

i hadnt planned on it. i think something like that would double the cost for me. i mean unless we have a volunteer or something that can master them... but yeah i was just going to make sure the volumes all worked together and that's pretty much it. they actually sound pretty good as-is after listening to the final tracklisting once through earlier, so it shouldn't be anything too major.

i hadnt planned on it. i think something like that would double the cost for me. i mean unless we have a volunteer or something that can master them... but yeah i was just going to make sure the volumes all worked together and that's pretty much it. they actually sound pretty good as-is after listening to the final tracklisting once through earlier, so it shouldn't be anything too major.
i'm sure there's someone here who could do it. of course, the tough thing would be transporting the files back and forth.

Guest Coalbucket PI

gay that i didnt make the cut but awesome that there are at least 13 better ones for me to look forward to

Archived