IGNORED

2022 Winter Olympics

zlemflolia

14 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

Nah, what made the 2010 moment so hard to take was the suddenness of it. The OT. If it's just some prodigy beating the crap outta team USA, that would have been easier to take. haha

A fair point. Kind of like a reverse "miracle on ice". I was personally looking forward to McDavid doing stuff like this (more like this) on the Olympic stage.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chenGOD said:

A fair point. Kind of like a reverse "miracle on ice". I was personally looking forward to McDavid doing stuff like this (more like this) on the Olympic stage.

just filthy.  i remember some analyst saying "most people slow down a bit when they get the puck but mcdavid seems to skate faster with the puck than without it" which seems accurate. dude is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chenGOD said:

That men’s snowboard half-pipe final was pretty fucking mental. 

that dude who won just stomped the shit out of his final run. crushed it. i think he won silver and bronze at previous olympics. perfect time for shawn white to retire from competition. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

that dude who won just stomped the shit out of his final run. crushed it. i think he won silver and bronze at previous olympics. perfect time for shawn white to retire from competition. 

He won silver in both previous Olympic experiences, so he clearly wanted that gold. He totally crushed that run, which was not easy cause the Aussie who went before him also laid down a pretty mental run.

The dude who won is only 23, and he's been competing in the X-games since he was like 13. His brother was also competing, he set a record for biggest backside air (24'4" or 7.4m), which was absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

The 16 year old Aussie is brilliant 

That is definitely in part due to his age, the willingness to go balls to the wall for tricks.

After he was done with his runs, Shaun White said something like, "I'll never again have to stand at the top of the halfpipe and wonder if this is the time I end up really hurting myself.". That's probably a thought that anyone under 25 wouldn't have.

Edited by randomsummer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, randomsummer said:

That is definitely in part due to his age, the willingness to go balls to the wall for tricks.

After he was done with his runs, Shaun White said something like, "I'll never again have to stand at the top of the halfpipe and wonder if this is the time I end up really hurting myself.". That's probably a thought that anyone under 25 wouldn't have.

Absolutely - the Japanese guy who won it (should have been in first after his second run) is only 23!!! And it's his 3rd Olympics! The dedication and hours those athletes put in at a young age also helps, plus the whole "standing on the shoulders of giants" to drive themselves to do better than their idols.

Just watching a bit of 6am Snowboard Big Air before cycling to work. It’s very chilled out and low key compared to the half pipe, and not as exciting but the view and the collision of industrial and snowy scenery captured by the cameras is spectacular. Worth watching for that alone. Kaini Industries indeed.

Edited by beerwolf

shes better than the rest of them by such a large margin that her heart medication doesnt even matter.  the real issue is her abusive trainers

they removed the vid of her best olympic apperance from yt, fucking losers

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, metalbubble said:

BIATHLON IS UNDERRATED

biathalon is the most metal. skiing like a motherfucker and then getting your heartrate down so fast to be able to shoot accurately? Ridiculous.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

biathalon is the most metal. skiing like a motherfucker and then getting your heartrate down so fast to be able to shoot accurately? Ridiculous.

and then after you crash the motorcycle you throw it at james bond. shit is nuts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Biathlon is one of my top picks, I’ll definitely be checking it out.

Big Air is back on this morning, and the tempo is more intense, I must of been watching the early stages yesterday. The setting and scenery is still fucking mind blowing ❄️