IGNORED

2022 Winter Olympics

zlemflolia

Much prefer the Winter Olympics to the other one because athletics and swimming is a major snooze fest imo (archery and the BMX stuff is cool)

Seeing as I've been ordered to rest today and do nothing, no doubt be tuning in.

Edited by beerwolf

4 minutes ago, metalbubble said:

us canada hockey game becoming heated, i finally see the appeal behind this fucking sport lol

watch the stanley cup playoffs. it's another level of speed and insanity. it's amazing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

The commentator is gold. FLOL

1 hour ago, metalbubble said:

us canada hockey game becoming heated, i finally see the appeal behind this fucking sport lol

the pros aren’t even playing in this olympics because they don’t want to risk catching COVID. As @ignatius says, the playoffs get gnarly (and I don’t even really like hockey).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, metalbubble said:

The US vs. Canada Gold Medal game from Vancouver 2010 is one of the most exhilarating sporting events I've ever seen.

Spoiler

And as an American, one of the most heartbreaking too. Fucking Sydney Crosby. 

Oh and bring speed skiing back to the Olympics.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

The US vs. Canada Gold Medal game from Vancouver 2010 is one of the most exhilarating sporting events I've ever seen.

Hide contents

And as an American, one of the most heartbreaking too. Fucking Sydney Crosby. 

It would have been worse this year if the pros played. McDavid is better than Crosby, and Crosby would have still played. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

It would have been worse this year if the pros played. McDavid is better than Crosby, and Crosby would have still played. 

mcdavid is ridiculous in all facets of the game. more of a pure goal scorer than crosby i think. i used to watch the penguins a decent amount and crosby has skills. perhaps stronger on the puck? idk. i've only seen a long stream of mcdavid highlights and fewer games. the league is stacked w/talent. been fun to watch this season. being from miami i've paid more attention to the Panthers who are playing on the rush and have a crazy transition game and defensemen cheat in on the attack. crazy end to end hockey.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

libs hate china so bad they cant let their fingers rest

Libs be like "I don't hate the people I hate the government... which is why *racist genocidal sinophobic comment*"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Nah, what made the 2010 moment so hard to take was the suddenness of it. The OT. If it's just some prodigy beating the crap outta team USA, that would have been easier to take. haha