IGNORED

Book analyzes every song

FurryThings

So I guess it better to write here instead of the Aphex new release discussion. 

What is the point of making a book about your opinion on people's work? And also sell it! 
Of course it is interesting sometimes to listen to a review of an album or hearing peoples opinion but that is why I use Youtube. 

People upload their opinions there and we can go thru it for free.. That lady who reviewed DrukQs was pretty awesome! 

How many tracks has he put out under various aliases? Albums, eps, remixes, compilations? 1000? 2000? And some 17 old dude has listened enough to each track that he can write a meaningful piece or analysis of every one of them?  :cisfor:

1 hour ago, scumtron said:

How many tracks has he put out under various aliases? Albums, eps, remixes, compilations? 1000? 2000? And some 17 old dude has listened enough to each track that he can write a meaningful piece or analysis of every one of them?  :cisfor:

Exactly lol it's got to only be only studio albums released under 'Aphex Twin' because that would be ridiculous

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 12:40 PM, scumtron said:

On 6/19/2023 at 2:19 PM, milkface said:

Exactly lol it's got to only be only studio albums released under 'Aphex Twin' because that would be ridiculous

It's literally the first two, three sentences of the linked article.

Entitled Aphex Twin: Every Album, Every Song, it systematically goes through each piece of music recorded by Richard D. James under the alias, including his six studio albums plus EPs on R&S, Warp, Rephlex and other labels. [...] Some material that never received a proper release, such as Melodies from Mars and Aphex Twin's track dumps on SoundCloud, are skipped, though the book does cover the Caustic Window LP, since that was given a limited digital release.

(Emphasis added by me.)

On 6/19/2023 at 8:49 AM, cern said:

What is the point of making a book about your opinion on people's work? And also sell it! 

The audacity! Lol.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:49 AM, cern said:

Of course it is interesting sometimes to listen to a review of an album or hearing peoples opinion but that is why I use Youtube. 

People upload their opinions there and we can go thru it for free.. That lady who reviewed DrukQs was pretty awesome! 

And maybe that dude is even more awesome. Seriously, don't see the problem really; a book is much more convenient for research than piecemeal comments scattered all over the interwebs.

I enjoyed this one immensely, for example:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1623568900/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?ie=UTF8&qid=&sr=

I mean, no one's forced to buy it, but I for one would very much like to get my grubby little hands on a copy of that new book, however it seems like the first edition sold out in a blink. Oh well.

Edited by IDEM
Wording