IGNORED

How to introduce aphex twin to someone who likes only pop music?

o00o

6 hours ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

syro is the catchiest album, play them that. just skip 180db.

Of all the Syro tracks I would actually choose 180db to play for our poppy person. :tongue:

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 11:53 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

This one features my favorite ever pad sound on an Aphex record, in the background during the verses - and it is from a wealth of choices. It's not markedly different from any number of other beautiful etherial pads he has created in his career but there is something about taking that sound out of the Aphex netherworld and into the context of vocal pop music which somehow enhances it's lushness.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Key said:

This one features my favorite ever pad sound on an Aphex record, in the background during the verses - and it is from a wealth of choices. It's not markedly different from any number of other beautiful etherial pads he has created in his career but there is something about taking that sound out of the Aphex netherworld and into the context of vocal pop music which somehow enhances it's lushness.

yeah the detuning works really nicely with melodic pop

• Like 2

I think I've said it before but towards the end he fucks with the sound so the lyrics go from "I can see the way you feel" to "I can see the way you flee" 

I also love this remix :aphexsign: 

• Like 1

I’ve forced a few of my mates to buy field day tickets and just hoped for the best! At least one of us will have a good time 

• Haha 1