IGNORED

NHK - What You Know

d-a-m-o

Powell's Diagonal imprint welcomes back a label mainstay, Kohei Matsunaga (AKA NHK yx Koyxen). "What You Know" is Kohei's first outing for the label since 2016's "Self Split EP" and it's a full length long player packed full of euphoric beauty. Nobody crafts a catchy, optimistic hook like this guy and we're truly proud to be putting out yet another NHK banger.

“This one has a world view that I don't really understand” — Ryuichi Sakamoto

https://bleep.com/release/423952-nhk-what-you-know

NHK.thumb.png.49044bebcce4a1ee66c8cfafd1c3a707.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, kuniklo said:

On quick first listen this sounds very different from his NHK yx Koyxen tracks. I like it so far though.

I like this in first listen. Quite promising.

Yeah very clean, airy and fresh sounding. Gone are the usual heavy 4/4 kicks and basslines of techno, instead weve got lots of thick delayed synth lines and jittery melodies. Reminded me faintly of Cylob, Bochum Welt and Ovuca. Can understand why they chose a Ryuchi Sakamoto quote for the press release.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, auxien said:

i liked this well enough but it did feel awfully sparse. obv that's by design but i wasn't falling in love on first listen...tho i did enjoy it. different but quality.

I liked it too but haven't felt compelled to return to it for whatever reason.

• Like 1