IGNORED

Revisiting Death Peak

chemick

In 2017 all I heard was continuation of Clark self-titled (2014) which is an album I still don't enjoy.  Buuut after a long pause on Clark I put on Death Peak for the first time in 6 years and damn, I was surprised I kind of love it from beginning to end.  For being a post- Totem's Flare era album Death Peak sticks out.  I can hear the culmination of his prior tracks and specifically from Turning Dragon and some of the good parts of Iradelphic.  Basically not at all what I heard on release

Wondering what others think on revisiting this one. I know it's not the golden era of Clark but really I think it is a strong work comparable to those albums. There's a ton of interesting ideas and production (of course), a focused sense of progression between tracks with some strong motifs, it feels cinematic in the way Body Riddle does.  I couldn't necro-post the original thread so here's a new one

• Like 1

I think any of his records besides Totems Flare are varying qualities of Good (most are great if im being honest) but that's one of his strongest for sure

I love the Japan exclusive track its so pretty 

Edited by X4creek
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I love Death Peak, I never jumped on the hate bandwagon for this one. Butterfly Prowler is one of my favorite Clark tracks probably. It's so smooth, the sour melody sounds incredible.  Hoova, Slap Drones, Peak Magnetic, Un U.K are all fucking bangers too. In my opinion he only left his prime after this album. Great artist, some people need to get their heads out of their own asses.

• Like 1