IGNORED

Clark - Sus Dog (new album)

thumbass

On 1/24/2023 at 9:15 AM, o00o said:

it really looks like he is forcefully trying to make every artwork look worse. 

his artwork has always brought the lols to watmm. I recall when Body Riddle came out, some on here thought it was a subtle nod to the infamous goatse image 

• Haha 2

On 1/25/2023 at 11:12 PM, zero said:

his artwork has always brought the lols to watmm. I recall when Body Riddle came out, some on here thought it was a subtle nod to the infamous goatse image 

it wasnt? 

:lol:

I like the production on the single, it's classic pounding Clark.

I'd like to throw in my hat and say I think Totems Flare has aged pretty well. That album and Clarence Park are what really got me into him (along with "Gavel (Obliterated)").

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xyrofen said:

I like the production on the single, it's classic pounding Clark.

I'd like to throw in my hat and say I think Totems Flare has aged pretty well. That album and Clarence Park are what really got me into him (along with "Gavel (Obliterated)").

I agree. Totems flare is probably up there with my favorites of his discog, maybe its my favorite album of his overall. In the blurb he says Sus Dog is the first album that features his vocals prominently but it was pretty prominent on TF as well.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 3:55 PM, xox said:

CDC743F7-096B-44AB-AE0B-123C3EF5538D.gif.4d2393dfdb0fa147b027908ec9319e19.gif

Haha, logging back in here first time since years to post something like this, but obviously I'm too late. Well I guess no more statements needed from my side regarding what I think of this, and just to make sure, I'm a fanboy since day one and his recent Berlin gig - one of the Boddy Riddle sets - was pretty sweet.

On 1/25/2023 at 10:58 PM, thumbass said:

I don't really get everyone's fascination with ETBOY. It's a great album, yes, but to me it has always sounded like one of his least original works? The stuff that follows and Clarence Park sound way more playful and original to me. 

True, though the textures on ETBOY are so amazing and crisp and sound so fresh even today. Content wise or so the stuff following is way more exciting.

• Burger 1

3 hours ago, YEK said:

My friend who I’m slowly getting into electronic music is interested in this because of the thom yorke connection.  

I got into Aphex Twin and Autechre through Radiohead when I was in high school. I read the Radiohead bio on allmusic.com and it compared them stylistically. They've since updated their bio for Radiohead, but I remember learning that Radiohead didn't come across as "carpetbaggers" because they shared the same "post-modern vantage point" as the people who influenced them.

• Like 1

i remember reading a squarepusher interview or watching one? can't recall where he talks about how aphex told him if he wanted to sell some records to put some vocals in his music here and there. didn't even have to be lyrics. could just be like musical samples of his voice or a voice. this was after go plastic/red hot car came out. something about the human voice connecting w/people and radio play and other things. i can't remember. maybe i'm making it up and dreamed it. 

but there's something to it isn't there? even in the "weirdest" music some singing goes a long way for some people even when it's nonsense. 

anyways.. i like a bunch of Clark stuff. will check this out once there's previews not linked to apple music.  it's only good for syncing to my ipod. 

• Like 3

Okay so I was just tuning in to my local alt station 91X who has a new music show on sunday nights and out of fucking nowhere they played Crank Town because of Thom Yorke executive producing this album.

Hearing Clark. on the radio, a dying format I sadly have a passion for, in 2023.

How do I convince them to rotate it?

• Burger 1

It's funny... the art direction for a few of his albums often feels like 'here is this random guy. interested?'

Also, don't want to get all Woodward & Bernstein but I just discovered that his first name is Chris instead of Clark? Insane.

2 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

It's funny... the art direction for a few of his albums often feels like 'here is this random guy. interested?'

I don't mind it, I think it's pretty funny that he likes to use his face so much. Other than aphex you don't really see that in IDM. I still like the art directions for most of his album, although I have to say the cover for Sus Dog is prb the worst one yet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Funny that initially I started to type out "Thom Yorke" to start that sentence, by accident, but typed it as Thom Clarke.

Chom Tlarke as an imminent edm pseudonym 

On 1/24/2023 at 3:20 PM, X4creek said:

You can hear previews of every track on Apple Music btw

for me its only the preview song that is also on bandcamp - maybe they are geoblocked 

image.png.3a54ebd7c22ba45c4b1488240d0cf31d.png

Just now, o00o said:

for me its only the preview song that is also on bandcamp - maybe they are geoblocked 

image.png.3a54ebd7c22ba45c4b1488240d0cf31d.png

They were available for a while but it seems like that was an accident. I got the chance to listen to them once and when I wanted to do it again it wasn't avalaible anymore.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

Also, don't want to get all Woodward & Bernstein but I just discovered that his first name is Chris instead of Clark? Insane.

I can’t remember if it was Body Riddle or Turning Dragon where he had to switch from Chris Clark to Clark.

Also, he is up to like 8 versions of that new single and some sound really interesting. I’d hope they get released in the 4 month wait for the album…

On 2/7/2023 at 1:08 PM, jules said:

I can’t remember if it was Body Riddle or Turning Dragon where he had to switch from Chris Clark to Clark.

Body Riddle (and associated EPs) was when he switched to Clark. The way you worded that made me wonder, was there a legal reason he had to?

15 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Body Riddle (and associated EPs) was when he switched to Clark. The way you worded that made me wonder, was there a legal reason he had to?

This is the reason he gave back in 2012 ( https://web.archive.org/web/20121214011851/http://www.themilkfactory.co.uk/interviews/cclark_2_iw.htm?

What’s going on with the change of name? Is it anything to do with the fact that you share a name with Motown’s one and only white soul diva?

It actually isn’t although that does seem like a good reason. I reckon all the Chris Clarks should perform together as one magic band, either at a dingy local pub or Wembley Stadium. Mmmm. Actually I don’t really reckon that. Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve done interviews. The name change just means people don't have to waste oxygen on "Chris". "Chris" Clark is also just a bit too much "oh look at me aren't I just everybody’s jovial little mash-head pal".

His original moniker 'Chris From St Albans' I guess also sounded too much like an indie band....

• Like 1