IGNORED

Treat Em Right (Boards of Canada Mix)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chronical said:

what would you be missing, that it's old news? do you not enjoy it?

I don’t see a thread for it

edit: rolling back to forum existence

Edited by DyeMyBlueBlack

2 hours ago, joew said:

I wish it was more than just vamping but it's very detailed and I like it more now than when I first heard it

It certainly doesn't go much of anywhere. Still like it though.

Kind of amazed Warp hasn't tried to make an officially licensed remix comp for them. They've got enough stuff for an album length release.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dave3 said:

Kind of amazed Warp hasn't tried to make an officially licensed remix comp for them. 

thanks to the 26 Mixes for Cash 128 kbps disaster, Warp learned never to try that again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zero said:

thanks to the 26 Mixes for Cash 128 kbps disaster, Warp learned never to try that again

I don't know if it was that big a deal in the long run. That comp is mostly ignored now anyway since it's not available digitally or, to the best of my knowledge, physically. They were in a crunch anyway. I compiled all the BoC mixes from lossless sources years ago for myself, though it'd be nicer to have everything from master tapes/dats/files/whatever.

• Like 2

Okay remix. Need some hard fire from the extinct BOC furnace to rekindle my interest in them. A track like this is alright but it's like giving me a bowl of vanilla ice cream on a freezing, cold winters evening. I'm just not interested. No matter how tasty it is 🍦

Edited by beerwolf

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 2:27 PM, Friendly Stranger said:

It's ok!

The more I listen to it, the more I'm convinced the Good Friday remix is the best one they've ever done. I love Broken Drum too but GF just hits all the right spots for me.

Agreed. Those horns!  Sadly this is one of the few remixes where an instrumental was never released.

On 1/4/2024 at 8:15 PM, Dave3 said:

It certainly doesn't go much of anywhere. Still like it though.

Kind of amazed Warp hasn't tried to make an officially licensed remix comp for them. They've got enough stuff for an album length release.

Yeah, bring some life to Hell Interface stuff 

On 1/5/2024 at 9:27 PM, Friendly Stranger said:

It's ok!

The more I listen to it, the more I'm convinced the Good Friday remix is the best one they've ever done. I love Broken Drum too but GF just hits all the right spots for me.

Love this track with all my heart! If I'm sinking in laughing at something sunken in I am :wub: If you didn't know, there's an earlier take of it here:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chronical said:

Love this track with all my heart! If I'm sinking in laughing at something sunken in I am :wub: If you didn't know, there's an earlier take of it here:

Oh wow, I’ve never heard this! Is it an official mix or a third party take on it?

On 1/19/2024 at 7:28 PM, Friendly Stranger said:

Oh wow, I’ve never heard this! Is it an official mix or a third party take on it?

It's official. Yoni Wolf just put an earlier vocal take on the instrumental and released it on a mixtape.

1 hour ago, Dave3 said:

It's official. Yoni Wolf just put an earlier vocal take on the instrumental and released it on a mixtape.

thanks for replying for me, I totally forgot. Didn't know it's an earlier vocal take slapped on the instrumental, always wondered if BOC would enjoy it in this form. The earlier vocals have such a different vibe. Is the instrumental different too? About to head to bed so cba to check.. :emb:

• 2 weeks later...

LE XXX.

Boards of Canada - Sherbet Head "lyrics"...

You're dead but you're wrong, boat, but, gittin bissy, someone whos not. - Gittin bissy is what they do to you in prissin.

Boards of Canada - An Eagle In Your Mind "lyrics"

Consider yourself a fool to let her pass us by, all of the appetites, I wub u

Edit: Gittin busy and leroy.

Edited by Alien Sugar