IGNORED

METROID

zaizai

Ok, i asked og x poster if the track is legit, he said yes.

have you heard of this, the chre crew ?

• Like 4

ffwd to 32:35 if it doesn't skip to the right place

The extract of 444 in that top video sounds like it's been slowed down like a 45 -> 33 rpm record !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

i remember seeing them in the special thanks and always thought a lot of the music sounded like early autechre but i didnt realize they actually got approached to do it. neat. i would say shame it didn't work out but the metroid prime soundtrack owns

• Like 1

I would've liked to have heard what they'd come up with, but I think Yamamoto was better suited to a soundtrack with strong, catchy melodic themes. Metroid Prime was around the time of Confield & Gantz Graf after all.

Edited by Goiter Sanchez
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

I would've liked to have heard what they'd come up with, but I think Yamamoto was better suited to a soundtrack with strong, catchy melodic themes. Metroid Prime was around the time of Confield & Gantz Graf after all.

Agreed, although I feel like Sim Gishel and Parhelic Triangle are very Metroidy, the games are just a touch too cartoonish to suit something like that.

I reckon the best albums to work as Metroid Prime soundtracks would be Amber and Quaristice.

33 minutes ago, YELLOW said:

Yeah, Amber reminds me a lot of Super Metroid. They're only a few months apart in 1994 also

Crazy to think that. Super Metroid molded my childhood back in '94 but I wouldn't know about or hear Amber for another 10 years!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

i'd like to think they could "rein themselves in" and do work suited to the job. like i dont think we had any chance of exploring the Phazon Mines to the sounds of Bine but who knows

The Prime soundtrack always sounded more like Bola to me than Autechre. Either way what we got is fantastic. Phendrana Drifts :music:

• Like 4