IGNORED

Hey Buzz users

acid1

does anyone know where I can get fasttracker for DOS?

Get Renoise! I used to use Buzz a bit - pretty good, but I can't get ot to work on my new (well, not very new now) laptop....I've got Renoise now anyway....

The new features should be awesome. Im really sort of waiting for another program to come out though. I think Ill pass on second thought. Maybe when it gets really good!

Woah, I stopped using it like five years ago.

Well he only started making it a year back so that's some pretty mad skillz you got there if you did. I reckon once we hit around the v0.5 version mark I'll make the big switch from Buzz to this.

Woah, I stopped using it like five years ago.

Well he only started making it a year back so that's some pretty mad skillz you got there if you did. I reckon once we hit around the v0.5 version mark I'll make the big switch from Buzz to this.

I'm talking about buzz.

oh i see. well then that begs the question of why you stopped using it, it's the software of gods (albeit if they were rather pissed when they made it)

I used to use Buzz a while back too. Great idea, pretty flawed execution. I'm usually one to champion the idea that software can sound just as good as hardware, but everything I ever produced in Buzz sounded like anything above about 12khz was getting obliterated. Im sure people get great results out of it, I just never really got the knack.

Plus, it became too easy to get sucked into machine overload. Where I'd just spend countless hours exploring all the machines in the big buzz pack and never getting anything done.

I'd love to have Jeskola's Ninja Delay as a VST though. As well as Rectal Anarchy!

Renoise just sounds soooo much better to my ears, I couldn't resist.

Someone needs to combine Buzz style editing/modular environment with the Renoise sound processing engine to make the mother of all trackers. Plus, THE TRACKING MUST BE IN PROPER .IT STYLE. I hate this so much about Renoise it makes me weep. Please people, FT2 was a toy, Impulse Tracker was a revolution!

*sigh*

I'm usually one to champion the idea that software can sound just as good as hardware, but everything I ever produced in Buzz sounded like anything above about 12khz was getting obliterated. Im sure people get great results out of it, I just never really got the knack.

I'm guessing you knew about this but as default I think Buzz outputs at 22,050 Khz which might explain the reason for this 12khz destruction. You can get awesome sounding output from it though, it's just a case of playing around a likkle bit with it first. i love my buzz :flower:

oh i see. well then that begs the question of why you stopped using it, it's the software of gods (albeit if they were rather pissed when they made it)

Well, I'm used to a lot of hardware so programming top to bottom instead of left to right is kind of an arduous thing to keep in my head. I liked the way everything hooked together, but the programming and recording part just turned me off.

yeah a buzz machine to vst adapter would be great!

buze crashes when i try to open it (i just dropped it into my buzz installation).

looks like some other people had the same problem. it seems to have been fixed though:

from buzzchurch.com

Buze recently got preloading of machines for populating f.ex the PVST menu during right-click -> New. The preloading code had a bug causing crash if index.txt had the preload flag on a non-existent machine. The .exe was updated less than 10 mins ago with a fix. Could this be it?

Archived